Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

It looks good, but I'm not sure if I'm really sold on the whole premise. If I'm being honest, it seems a bit of an underwhelming route to go after the 15 year wait and all the possibilities there have always been for a sequel. There better be a whole lot more to it than just watch Bob be a bumbling dad while Elastigirl is off on an adventure like that spot makes it seem. 

Same thoughts tbh

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It doesn't reinvent the wheel (looks like a retread TBH).

But who cares? It doesn't have to.

People want those tasty memba berries and this will make Finding Dory money.

Probably. But Nemo and I1 weren't comparable BO wise. If I2 shows Dory like bump then it will end up with 375 dom which is a great number but 110 less than Dory.

edit:

Dory decreased from Nemo OS which is tough to imagine for I2 as I1 did "only" 371 OS which for I2 in this era would not be great.

Thinking 375 dom + 450 os = 825 ww could happen (and that migh disappoint folks)

Edited by a2knet

DM1 had a similar aspect where Gru is stuck with kids. The treatment is different here as this one seems more 'grown up' (like IO). I think the movie really won't be too much about Fish out of Water Father (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=daddyfishoutofwater.htm) but more about how him and kids go looking for mommy cause she doesn't return or something.

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It looks good, but I'm not sure if I'm really sold on the whole premise. If I'm being honest, it seems a bit of an underwhelming route to go after the 15 year wait and all the possibilities there have always been for a sequel. There better be a whole lot more to it than just watch Bob be a bumbling dad while Elastigirl is off on an adventure like that spot makes it seem. 

yeah I have to agree with all this.

I'm hyped for the movie, but yeah that trailer was just ok for me. 

It doesn't damper the film yet for me but underwhelming is a good word for what I just saw

• Like 2

9 hours ago, a2knet said:

Probably. But Nemo and I1 weren't comparable BO wise. If I2 shows Dory like bump then it will end up with 375 dom which is a great number but 110 less than Dory.

edit:

Dory decreased from Nemo OS which is tough to imagine for I2 as I1 did "only" 371 OS which for I2 in this era would not be great.

Thinking 375 dom + 450 os = 825 ww could happen (and that migh disappoint folks)

eh, they weren't too far off. Nemo grossed 339M, Incredibles grossed 261M. Very strong numbers for both, Incredibles adjusts to 385M which is pretty similar to Frozen. not small numbers.

I have been wanting this sequel ever since the original, but sadly none of the trailers are doing it for me. I am just disappointed that they are starting right from where they left. Moreover, the animation doesn't look any better than what we got in 2004. 15 years...and this is the best, they can come up with? I will still check it out, but hype and expectation level is 0. 

My first thought watching the preview was "Yup, people are going to be underwhelmed by this."

Still going to hope for the best though and I'm really trying to resist getting caught up in the negativity storm that seems inevitable with Pixar marketing campaigns these days.

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I have been wanting this sequel ever since the original, but sadly none of the trailers are doing it for me. I am just disappointed that they are starting right from where they left. Moreover, the animation doesn't look any better than what we got in 2004. 15 years...and this is the best, they can come up with? I will still check it out, but hype and expectation level is 0. 

What even is this comment?

There are numerous screenshots online of how much better the animation is and you are upset that the people who created the first one that you liked so much are telling the story they want to tell  and are being given the freedom to do this?

I'll never get the over entitled "fans" who moan when the creators of the story tell the story in the way they want to and not the way the fans want them too

Edited by Ryaner90

13 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Lately most Disney movies don't show anything from act 3 or up until the middle of their movies in their marketing.

They are confident and cocky.

I mean, isn't this how it is supposed to be? 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

The new trailer seemed to get lost in the mess of yesterday. Keeping up with the unfortunate and senseless shooting was easily priority #1. I was looking forward to the trailer that morning, but I ended up forgetting all about it because I was preoccupied in the news. Plus the fact that it was Valentines Day so many people were out on the town or having sex, and it was a busy evening for basketball. 

The next one they need to release during the day. Didn't understand the point of waiting till night anyway, especially since the Olympics is on during day.