Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

94% on RT and MC 79 and that's somehow disappointing.   Never change BOT.  Never change

Not disappointing in the least. Just not the near impossible overwhelming acclaim of Pixar's Toy Story sequels. Generating infinitely better acclaim than the Cars sequels and even better than Dory as well.

• Like 1

Coco - 97% 8.3

Cars 3 - 68% 6.0

Finding Dory - 94% 7.6

Good Dinosaur - 76% 6.5

Inside Out - 98% 8.9

Monsters Uni - 79% 6.8

Brave - 78% 7.0

Incredibles 2 at 94% 8.0 seems very solid and in the "excellent reviews" range rather than the good reviews range. If thats such a thing. Just because it's not Toy Story or Inside Out doesn't mean it's not getting fantastic reviews.

Edited by Ranger Tree
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

So this is Finding Dory all over again, how disappointing. As others have said, I guess I'll leave my expectations at the theater door 

This should have been expected from the first trailer. 

However, it still has a chance to be better than Dory. 

I'd be sorely disappointed if it was on the same level. What a lean decade it's been for Pixar. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

94% on RT and MC 79 and that's somehow disappointing.   Never change BOT.  Never change

Is not the score, Coco is my favorite movie of all time and the score is below Inside out or Toy Story. But the reviews are pointing out that it is like Finding Dory (good and fun movie but nothing special) and Dory left me very underwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Is not the score, Coco is my favorite movie of all time and the score is below Inside out or Toy Story. But the reviews are pointing out that it is like Finding Dory (good and fun movie but nothing special) and Dory left me very underwhelmed.

Well I have an idea for you. Why don't you just wait and watch it and make your own mind up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ranger Tree said:

Well I have an idea for you. Why don't you just wait and watch it and make your own mind up.

That's why I will leave my expectation at the theater door, so I won't be as disappointed as with Finding Dory or Monsters University 😉

Just now, That One Guy said:

Oh and my hot take for today is Tomorrowland is very very good.  I’m saying this in the hopes that I’ll find someone else in the world who is like me and shares this opinion.  please help me I’m alone

I really liked Tomorrowland as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Oh and my hot take for today is Tomorrowland is very very good.  I’m saying this in the hopes that I’ll find someone else in the world who is like me and shares this opinion.  please help me I’m alone

Could be my favorite live action Disney with the first Guardian of the Galaxy in the last 10 year's.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tomorrowland is trash

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Ranger Tree said:

Theres some good stuff in Tomorrowland but it doesn't work as a complete film. Feels like there is another hour missing from it. Waste of time

It certainly miss an ending and probably why it was disliked by many, people give more a pass in a weak beginning than a weak ending it seem, specially on the first watch (and that tend to show now in the distribution on the movie budget).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Lol, the reviews are definitely better than Dory.

94% and 8.0 Avg is really good

People put Pixar on a way too high of a pedestal. It's like they forget that Finding Dory was also well-received. If The Incredibles 2 was a Marvel film, and was getting the same kind of reviews, they'd be saying / praising the film for its great reviews. Honestly fans are just nitpicky and weird. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

Thursday previews for I2 start at 5PM. This is ridiculous. We are lying to ourselves if we are still talking about opening weekends. Blockbusters nowadays have proper 4-day weekends. This preview business needs to stop or the official opening day should just be changed to Thursday.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 4