grim22

Baywatch | May 26 2017 | Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Priyanka Chopra | First Trailer on Page 13

1 minute ago, mahnamahna said:

Someone should start a Baywatch over Pirates 5 DOM club. Since it has the action element and Rock/Efron starpower combo, I could definitely see $180-200 million DOM for this. 

Too risky. I doubt Baywatch makes more than 150M. And i'm being optimistic

22 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Hmmm.

Am I the only one who thinks that Johnson and Efron seem to have absolutely zero chemistry?

I agree. The trailer was as expected with the meta-humor and the nods to the TV show, but Rock and Efron seemed to lack the chemistry that Rock and Kevin Hart or Efron and Rogen had. Maybe it will be better in the movie. Still see this opening pretty well over MD weekend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I agree. The trailer was as expected with the meta-humor and the nods to the TV show, but Rock and Efron seemed to lack the chemistry that Rock and Kevin Hart or Efron and Rogen had. Maybe it will be better in the movie. Still see this opening pretty well over MD weekend.

I thought I was crazy.

It seemed to me like they were trying to position Efron and Johnson as the usual "odd couple," we-hate-each-other-at-first kind of movie pairing, but in my opinion, for those combos to work, chemistry has to be potent and palpable.

Maybe you are right and the film itself will convey it better, but as far as the trailer, their interactions lacked any kind of sizzle, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

This was so unfunny. Took me a while to realize it's supposed to be a comedy.

And what did Efron do to his face?

I feel that he looks 'old' because his face has completely lost all the baby fat, particularly since he is way into exercise. Look how ripped his muscles are; his face has no fat to keep it from looking gaunt, or for his skin to look supple. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

It was amusing in parts but it does feel like a 21 Jump Street rip off. It'll probably do decently but Zac seriously needs to take a break from comedy roles 

He's in The Greatest Showman on Earth (the P.T. Barnum musical biopic with Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams) coming up after this next Christmas.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's clearly going for the 21 jump street thing of making fun of the cheesy ass tv show. but i dunno, that movie had a funny trailer.

21 Jump Street by people who don't get 21 Jump Street

• Like 1