72 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Thor

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I liked the film; it was a fun evening mostly because of Hemsworth's effortlessly charming screen presence. The story was so-so, bu the contributing actors really good (Hiddleston stands out). The visuals were ok (3D really pointless, wasn't offered in 2D in Austria and Germany) if rather kitschy - obviously out of respect for the comics which I found unnecessary - the whole film works lots better when it does't exhale "comic" or "superhero" but "norse myth". Rewatched this on BR and was fun again; no classic for sure but simply good entertainment with charming actors.

I liked this. It was outrageous and cheesy and illogical at times- outside of the fantasy I mean, for example, why the hell would SHIELD let Thor just leave the base after he assaulted the entire team, just because Skarsgard's character said he was a friend?? :lol: :lol:But it was also really fun. Hemsworth was a great choice for the role, he fits the part physically but he also has a great charisma and was pretty damn funny, loved all those old English lines he was saying in modern America, "This human form grows weak... I need sustenance!" I thought Portman was good too and the score stuck out for me, enjoyed that.I'm not sure if I liked Earth or Asgard scenes better... The Asgard stuff was so, so cheesy but that is obviously a part of the source material and that's the tone they were going for, nothing serious. But at times in Asgard it really felt too much like they were on a movie set. That universe didn't feel real or complete to me, so I think they could have made an improvement there and should for the sequel. Also I was expecting a little more from the action, it felt a little PC to me. 7.0/10

I gave it a B. It was something that could have been bogged down by too much information, but it wasn't. Hemsworth was decent in the role (although I still love Vincent D Onofrio's Thor from Adventures in Babysitting the best:p) but, Tom Hiddleton really brought a peculiar 3 dementional character to the tables, and it's refreshing what good ole fashion strong acting can do to bring the caliber of a movie up. Only thing that kept this from an A, while I love Natalie Portman in most of her movies, I found her miscast in this one. I think someone like Zooey Deschanel or Amanda Seyfried would have been more suitable in the role.

Underrated it seems on here.

Really enjoyable film with great performances, an adorable romance, and unusually hilarious one-liners. Visually, this looks quite pretty. Definitely one of the better Marvel films. Actually, I'd say this is the best Marvel film behind only IM1 and SM2.

A-