CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the line about "Getting the character right" means that Snyder will be out of the picture for this film...thank heavens. This will defiantly be Geoff Johns baby....

No idea how much more that scares me...

I really hope Superman becomes happier and more confident after he's reborn in Justice League. I know I've said it a couple of times before but I just think the opportunity to "reboot" him with a true rebirth is too big to pass up on. It's right there DC, just take it! Give us the happy Clark Kent now while keeping with the world you've been building; it can be done.

Hyped, I hope it happens.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I think the line about "Getting the character right" means that Snyder will be out of the picture for this film...thank heavens. This will defiantly be Geoff Johns baby....

Why would Geoff Johns be defiant about that? 

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I really hope Superman becomes happier and more confident after he's reborn in Justice League. I know I've said it a couple of times before but I just think the opportunity to "reboot" him with a true rebirth is too big to pass up on. It's right there DC, just take it! Give us the happy Clark Kent now while keeping with the world you've been building; it can be done.

Hyped, I hope it happens.

I disagree with you on that, I don't think he needs to be rebooted. IMO, he was pretty happy with Lois in the bathtub scene on BVS. He was happy at the end of MOS when he comes to the Daily Planet. Even during the fight with Doomsday he smiles when he says goodbye to Lois. He jokes when he's fighting with Batman and Wonder Woman on his side.

In the comics and in every adaptation, Superman is serious when he needs to be serious. It just happens that he was put in those situations most of the time during MOS and BVS. He was facing enemies, or people who sees him as the enemy, without any friend on his side.

At the end of BVS, Superman is embraced by the humans. In Justice League, he will fight with friends on his side, and he won't be the villain's sole target. That takes off a lot of the weight on his shoulders, and he'll be naturally presented more happy in the movie.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I disagree with you on that, I don't think he needs to be rebooted. IMO, he was pretty happy with Lois in the bathtub scene on BVS. He was happy at the end of MOS when he comes to the Daily Planet. Even during the fight with Doomsday he smiles when he says goodbye to Lois. He jokes when he's fighting with Batman and Wonder Woman on his side.

In the comics and in every adaptation, Superman is serious when he needs to be serious. It just happens that he was put in those situations most of the time during MOS and BVS. He was facing enemies, or people who sees him as the enemy, without any friend on his side.

At the end of BVS, Superman is embraced by the humans. In Justice League, he will fight with friends on his side, and he won't be the villain's sole target. That takes off a lot of the weight on his shoulders, and he'll be naturally presented more happy in the movie.

Hey, I agree with all of that mostly. He was conflicted though in these 2 movies, and you know, it worked for me. But now it would be a perfect time to make him a happier and more confident character. He should feel secure in his role as the savior of mankind and the example, you know? And I think they're working towards it and that excites me. That's all I meant by "reboot". It's more like a Rebirth, if you catch my meaning.

• Like 2

True story I wrote a treatment for a Man of Steel sequel two days after Man of Steel 1 came out. Oddly excited for this because either A. they'll fuck up even more hilariously or B. I'll finally get a great modern Superman movie.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Blankments said:

True story I wrote a treatment for a Man of Steel sequel two days after Man of Steel 1 came out. Oddly excited for this because either A. they'll fuck up even more hilariously or B. I'll finally get a great modern Superman movie.

C) They find your treatment and buy it.

• Like 2