grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

So someone give me the short version of the drama going on in this thread at the moment. Just saw Big Hero 6 and loved it.

Interstellar and Big Hero 6 are both going to open pretty well, but Interstellar's opening is too low for those who predicted big numbers, so now people are hoping that a) it rises and b ) the WOM is good in the next few weekends to really give it great legs.

• Like 2

Both movies will probably get good Saturday increases. BH6 is a given for around a 50% increase being a family film, maybe a bit higher. Interstellar because these long running epics tend to get solid Saturday boosts.

Those are very good friday numbers for Interstellar and Big Hero 6.

I used up all my likes before getting to you, so LIKED! :)

Still seems low… like either IS's demand burns off by Sat/Sun and BH6 just does monster business on those days. Like others stated above, I get that it's a kid's movie so the families will give it a big boost, but still seems like THR's math was off.

THis is going to be very interesting to watch though. 

Happy Birthday WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot. :)

• Like 2

Both movies will probably get good Saturday increases. BH6 is a given for around a 50% increase being a family film, maybe a bit higher. Interstellar because these long running epics tend to get solid Saturday boosts.

Also burned off some demand already from Tuesday to Thursday afternoon

• Like 2