grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

If you had told me several months ago Gone Girl would make more in total than Interstellar (and it's looking like a guarantee at this point), even I wouldn't have believed you. Funny how things work out.

You can't wreck the Fleck

You can't bench the Finch

What's your five best so far Baumer?

I cannot wait to see Birdman. We don't get it in the UK until January. Curses!!

Off the top of my head:

Birdman/Fault in our Stars

Gone Girl

St. Vincent

Gone Girl

This is Where I Leave You

• Like 1

So they saw Terminator Salvation flop for WB and they decided it was a good idea to buy the rights? Not smart. :lol:

No they are only distributing it. A second company bought they rights and are using Paramount to distribute the movie. 

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia

Off the top of my head:

Birdman/Fault in our Stars

Gone Girl

St. Vincent

Gone Girl

This is Where I Leave You

I was actually a little underwhelmed by St Vincent.  It was good and all, but I felt like they made a conscious choice to make it more GA friendly and less good/critic-friendly (not always the same thing, but in this case I felt like it was).  Which is fine, but I was hoping to see Murray finally win that Oscar and St Vincent isn't it.

Edit - Also, no love for Boyhood or Grand Budapest?

Edited by Wrath

Shame, Birdman is one of the five best films I have seen this year.

Its an amazing film - and maybe I will be surprised and it will turn into 2014's version of Black Swan but I doubt it. Michael Keaton's performance (Ed Norton as well) was just fantastic and the offbeat dialogue delivery, drumline driven score and camra work just really make it something special.

• Like 2

I was actually a little underwhelmed by St Vincent.  It was good and all, but I felt like they made a conscious choice to make it more GA friendly and less good/critic-friendly (not always the same thing, but in this case I felt like it was).  Which is fine, but I was hoping to see Murray finally win that Oscar and St Vincent isn't it.

Edit - Also, no love for Boyhood or Grand Budapest?

Haven;t seen Boyhood, I don't connect with Anderson films.

• Like 1