grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

I think the 3.5 total number for Interstellar is one of the best Thursday numbers I've ever seen for an original film coming out the first week of November up against stiff competition. Obviously because this is directed by Nolan, we can expect nothing short of awe inspiring numbers.  It should go on to make about 60 million this weekend, which is also amazing, even more amazing because it's a Nolan original film, in fact, I feel amazing just knowing how well this Thursday number is.  It's on pace to gross about 7.5 million in Russia this weekend, which is about what Expendables 3 did, so that too is amazing.  Basically, it's amazing.

• Like 6

This thread is delivering lmao.

So Interstellar should win today, Big Hero 6 tomorrow, and Sunday I will go with Big Hero 6 since I'm assuming a lot of Interstellars target audience will be watching football. 

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 1

For chrissakes, guys, *I* deleted the posts. Me. No one else. Y'all got totally off-topic. 8 pages of a weekend thread, and 6 pages of that is people yelling at each other for being sheep and debating RT's worthiness? Take the honest debate to another thread, and enough of the cat-fights.

• Like 10

I think it will be really close on which film wins the weekend, but I think BH6 will barely just win.

I think the 3.5 total number for Interstellar is one of the best Thursday numbers I've ever seen for an original film coming out the first week of November up against stiff competition. Obviously because this is directed by Nolan, we can expect nothing short of awe inspiring numbers.  It should go on to make about 60 million this weekend, which is also amazing, even more amazing because it's a Nolan original film, in fact, I feel amazing just knowing how well this Thursday number is.  It's on pace to gross about 7.5 million in Russia this weekend, which is about what Expendables 3 did, so that too is amazing.  Basically, it's amazing.

:WHATanabe:

Interstellar managed to gross more on Thursday than I projected in my grand prediction, had a stronger showing from digital formats than I expected as well, could still explode over 20m today (fingers crossed).

bump

• Like 1

giphy.gif

• Like 8

For chrissakes, guys, *I* deleted the posts. Me. No one else. Y'all got totally off-topic. 8 pages of a weekend thread, and 6 pages of that is people yelling at each other for being sheep and debating RT's worthiness? Take the honest debate to another thread, and enough of the cat-fights.

Lol, didn't read the whole thread... edited ma post.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

High-Five-GIF-1.gif

• Like 3

You didn't like Interstellar, Baumer? :P

The 2.7 preview number is quite strong when you compare it to Gravity.  Gravity had 3D also.  So this number, if you compare it to Gravity, means it should do at least 60M.  Or am I wrong?

• Like 2

You didn't like Interstellar, Baumer? :P

I didn't understand all of it.  I gave it a 7 but found it to be a bit over my head and a bit slow at times.

I'm not sure. BH6 is no Frozen or Pixar. I would say it is just a notch above Dreamworks movies. The beginning is excellent though and is of Pixar quality, but from that point on becomes predictable and pretty childish. It does have its fun moments though, and I give it a B. It is roughly around the same quality as Wreck-It Ralph

True, it won't touch Frozen but it should grab a nice DOM gain. Kids don't care about predictability or childish (no pun intended). It's for well.....kids. Frozen was pretty childish.

• Like 2

The 2.7 preview number is quite strong when you compare it to Gravity.  Gravity had 3D also.  So this number, if you compare it to Gravity, means it should do at least 60M.  Or am I wrong?

That's what I'm thinking too. Hope it makes it to 60M. I need it to win the weekend. 

• Like 1

You're not wrong, this is November and the film is not a sequel.

• Like 1