grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

For chrissakes, guys, *I* deleted the posts. Me. No one else. Y'all got totally off-topic. 8 pages of a weekend thread, and 6 pages of that is people yelling at each other for being sheep and debating RT's worthiness? Take the honest debate to another thread, and enough of the cat-fights.

I must say I have read them and shit gets pretty crazy very fast and very furiously. And several people are to blame for that.

• Like 1

Let's call the Thursday number what it is in the context of how we track a movie's OW these days: it's 800k. The 2.7m is gonna roll into Friday's number.

That's what Paramount is doing but seeing as they already pulled that roll it into the next day with the Tues opening it's really pushing it.  Soon we'll  become like the UK where they have previews for 2 weeks and roll it all into the opening w/e reporting. 

That way lies madness!  :lol: 

• Like 2

The 2.7 preview number is quite strong when you compare it to Gravity.  Gravity had 3D also.  So this number, if you compare it to Gravity, means it should do at least 60M.  Or am I wrong?

You could even say, it made 4,8m, as those, who went on Tue/Wed/Thu probably would have attended a preview on thursday night either way. Well, of course, there wouldn't have been enough IMAX-Screenings to compare, but I guess the preview-number like we know them would have been over 4m, and that would have been pretty good in my opinion. Not amazing, but still enough to have a nice opening over 50m.

• Like 1

The 2.7 preview number is quite strong when you compare it to Gravity.  Gravity had 3D also.  So this number, if you compare it to Gravity, means it should do at least 60M.  Or am I wrong?

It totally could hit 60m. Honestly, given its nature and the unusual release, it's really hard to say.

• Like 2

Movietickets.com Top 5 ticket sales:

Interstellar: 44%
Big Hero 6: 32%
Mockingjay Part 1: 6%
Birdman: 2%
Gone Girl: 2%

BH6 is pretty impressive for a Friday compared to Interstellar given it mostly targets kids :)

• Like 3

So here's the big question: how long until we get some afternoon matinee updates from spatulashack/Rth/variety/hr?

RTH isn't here usually until later in the night.  

Spatula comes when he feels like it.

I miss having Nikki's 11AM PST weekend numbers based off matinees. 

• Like 2

Are you suggesting that kids' parents don't use the Internet to buy tickets? I'm pretty sure there are plenty of previous examples that suggest otherwise.

he's suggesting that Knibb High football rules!

• Like 2

Are you suggesting that kids' parents don't use the Internet to buy tickets? I'm pretty sure there are plenty of previous examples that suggest otherwise.

Probably less than all the excited Nolanites ^^

Don't worry, I don't criticize Interstellar there, I clearly intend to watch it ;)

• Like 1

Probably less than all the excited Nolanites ^^

Don't worry, I don't criticize Interstellar there, I clearly intend to watch it ;)

I'm just saying I don't think you can read much in to the Movie Tickets thing. I see little kids playing on iPads all the time and they're better at that stuff than people from my generation or older. The Internet is a big part of everyone's lives these days, including parents with small kids.

• Like 1