grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

11 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's pretty hilarious how these characters aren't overweight like in the book :hahaha: 

Iirc, the guy starts out chubby but is actually in pretty good shape by the end of the book.

Clearly, the movie is fiddling with the plot, because there is no scene like that in the book. One of the running themes is that Wade doesn't know what any of his friends physically look like. They're kids scattered around the world, so while they're working together on various things, its always virtual. They're not physically in the same place.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's what he usually does. The same old "it's not sexual harassment if I find said person attractive" nonsense.

Well, to be fair, its not actually sexual harassment since he's not talking to her. Its just being creepy, and perhaps whatever the non-employment version is of "creating a hostile work environment".

3 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

don't pretend like you've never seen attractive people in movies and thought they were attractive.

Why do you think they were cast in the movie?:hahaha:

Well, obviously. But there's no need to be creepy about it. The form of the message matters.

"I strongly disagree with you" and "You're a f**k-tard idiot" both say the same thing, but in different ways.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is dumb logic. It's like saying "If you don't want to be eyeballed up, don't go out into the world."

Precisely.

13 minutes ago, Wrath said:

He's just living up to the history of his avatar pic.

Its... uh... performance art?

Reminds me, I need to change my profile actually, it's been like this for like a year. There just haven't been any movies I've fawned over recently :( 

7 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

don't pretend like you've never seen attractive people in movies and thought they were attractive.

Your initial post was fine, but then you jumped the shark after Schumacher made a joke :winomg: 

10 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

good-idea-bad-idea-announcer-animaniacs-

Good way of saying someone's attractive: "Tye Sheridan's a real cutie. I'm glad Spielberg went with him. What a babe!"

Bad way of saying someone's attractive: "She's asking to be looked at lmao crass joke about harassment"

• Like 3