Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

4 minutes ago, antovolk said:

you mean Paul WS, right?

How could you forget about Paul Thomas Anderson's  rendition of Alien v Predator?

Daniel Day Lewis was phenomenal as the Alien Queen.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Firepower said:

Even though I liked it, it's a bad Prometheus sequel in many ways.

Great. I hated that movie but love the Alien ones

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

How could you forget about Paul Thomas Anderson's  rendition of Alien v Predator?

Second handed account of the shooting reported that his castmates and crew on set were frequently left aghast when DDL tried to lay real alien eggs out of his rectum hissing and drooling profusely because DDL who is notorious for not breaking character in between takes, was regularly spotted bursting out hysterically at everyone on his path"Get away from my milk-shaaaaaake, bitch!".

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I thought Prometheus suffered from trying so very hard to be clever that it forgot to be entertaining.  Then, while it was being so smart and trying for all these big, important questions, it had characters doing truly stupid things, so the contrast was particularly annoying.  I expect dumb character moves from Friday the 13th Part 100, but was hoping Ridley would do us a bit better.  But, for me, it's biggest failing was simply being dull and completely not scary.  

The reviews for this one sound rather tepid, but at least a bit more entertaining.  I guess I should give up on this franchise at this point, but I keep getting sucked back in.

The introduction of Prometheus showed how the premise of the movie  was ridiculous in itself :

" Our creators sent us a message, let s meet them and solve the mysteries of the ceation of the Universe"

I mean, sure, a horrific Hollywood movie was FINALLY going to give us the answers about the Creation of Life and the Universe.

Like that was gonna happen ... 

Plus, xenomorphs show up because Franchise ! , and a cheap rip-off of the concepts from the X-Files black-oil.

And Grade School level scientists.

This movie was Deadpool before Deadpool, simply unaware.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Scientists acting all stupid was the least of Prometheus' problems.

I think the problem people have with stupid scientists is that other movies have used that trope so much that they wonder why movies still do it. Audiences know their curiosity/stupidity is going to get them killed because they've seen it happen countless times in other movies. The problem they have isn't that it's bad just within the context of one particular movie.

Edited by Jay Beezy

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

I loved how he sucks your milkshake blood using his straw proboscis.

21 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I've only seen AvP btw

:ph34r:

(and I like it a lot)

Best Alien movie out there for me. So much fun action, silly humor and so little horror; great combination.

Plus Predators are way cooler.

12 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Why, ddddeeee, why? PT Anderson managed to defile not one but two of my favorite franchises. The man belongs in prison.

Is it possible to defile franchises which had Alien: Resurrection and Predator 2 as their previous entries?

The Predator/Alexa team-up is pure comedy and their slo-mo run together makes me happy.

8 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Is it possible to defile franchises which had Alien: Resurrection and Predator 2 as their previous entries?

The Predator/Alexa team-up is pure comedy and their slo-mo run together makes me happy.

I was going to post a gif of that very scene as evidence of defilement, but couldn't find one. <_<

Instead of another mediocre movie Scott should have let Blomkamp's Alien movie happen. The concept art looked cool and Blomkamp(looking after his enthusiasm for the series and being fanboy) may have brought some new freshness and energy to the story rather than the same rehash again and again.

11 minutes ago, The Dark Rock said:

Instead of another mediocre movie Scott should have let Blomkamp's Alien movie happen. The concept art looked cool and Blomkamp(looking after his enthusiasm for the series and being fanboy) may have brought some new freshness and energy to the story rather than the same rehash again and again.

Blomkamp had too much badwill coming off of Chappie and to a lesser extent Elysium that he lost his leverage.

8 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Blomkamp had too much badwill coming off of Chappie and to a lesser extent Elysium that he lost his leverage.

That is true actually. And Scott got interested in directing multiple Alien sequels again in between. Still would have been interesting to see Blomkamp's take rather than Scott's after Prometheus