#ED

American Sniper (2014)

American Sniper  

89 members have voted

1. 1. American Sniper

oh you'd like that wouldn't you bitch ;)

Only from you.

you shall be pleased to know that I too have a hairy ass.

Bitch, of course I knew that already. You think I'd waste my time talking to someone with a baby's ass?

Wouldn't expect anything else from you two.

"The effect of war on families of people that belong TO AN OCCUPATION FORCE " . What the nazis were to various countries they had occupied, Americans and Jewish are for hundreds of millions of people. The fact that many see Arabs (and not only) as lesser humans ,like this scum Kyle, is the nazi philosophy . What is so hard to understand about that ? Don't you think that the families of German soldiers had the same effect from the war ?

As for the "patriotism " of Americans , it has been enforced through many years of propaganda since the only common thing most Americans have is the flag and the pledge of allegiance . They have no common language, history , culture e.t.c but that's a discussion for another day .

Again you are like making huge leaps without any justification what so ever. Saying the most anti war statement a film can make is to show the effect of war on the soldiers and their families has nothing at all to do with making pro nazi war propganda film. You just fucking Godwin Lawed yourself. I mean WTF. For the record, yes, i'm sure World War 2 had major effects on the family of german soldiers. I think a movie showing that would be pretty interesting actually as I have seen alot more films showing the war from a British or American perspective then I have from a German perspective. Showing what it was like for a german family in 1942 is not Nazi propaganda .

And for the record, I actually disagree with Eastwood when he said what he said. But what he did not say was that American Sniper was the most anti-war film ever made which is what Noctis claimed he said before acknowledging that he had made a mistake. Nor did he imply that pro nazi propaganda pieces are a-ok.  Your hatred of America clouds your views. I feel sorry for you.

• Like 2

American Sniper is not a documentary and it makes the main character seem more human. It not surprising that Eastwood did so the film could make a better box office results. A lot of war movies are controversial, The Wind Rise got a lot hate in Asia since it did not show what Japan did in war. How many WWII show the allies in a positive light when they are responsible for thousands of innocent deaths.  

• Like 1

Its hard to feel much sympathy for German soldiers back in the day when they were doing all that genocide. Now you may turn around and say they were under orders, but if I had a general telling me to kill innocent people, making me travel the planet for world domination, burning the jewish or finding the most cost effective way to kill as many prisoners as possible to save bullets, i'd have the sense to know it was wrong.

You can apply the same stuff to u.s occupation forces . It's very hard to feel sympathy for their families for the exact same reasons . Let's be honest, they are also fighting for world domination . This " holier than though" attitude of Americans when it comes to war, racism, army e.t.c is sickening .

Mind you I don't hate America, I have been there three times and enjoyed each one of them , I just hate hypocrisy from wherever it comes .

Edited by Thrylos 7

"The effect of war on families of people that belong TO AN OCCUPATION FORCE " . What the nazis were to various countries they had occupied, Americans and Jewish are for hundreds of millions of people. The fact that many see Arabs (and not only) as lesser humans ,like this scum Kyle, is the nazi philosophy . What is so hard to understand about that ? Don't you think that the families of German soldiers had the same effect from the war ?

As for the "patriotism " of Americans , it has been enforced through many years of propaganda since the only common thing most Americans have is the flag and the pledge of allegiance . They have no common language, history , culture e.t.c but that's a discussion for another day .

Congratulations,emot-godwin.gif and casual anti-Semitism in the same post, I'm impressed.

Has Greece been kicked out of the EU yet?  If they need one more reason, you would be it.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

Congratulations,emot-godwin.gif and casual anti-Semitism in the same post, I'm impressed.

Has Greece been kicked out of the EU yet?  If they need one more reason, you would be it.

You are really not well informed, are you? You can't kick out a state out of the EU. That would mean states are not equal and that some would be considerd superior to others. The only way Greece is leaving EU is if it does it willingly.

• Like 1

You are really not well informed, are you? You can't kick out a state out of the EU. That would mean states are not equal and that some would be considerd superior to others. The only way Greece is leaving EU is if it does it willingly.

I see the sarcasm went over your head.

• Like 1

Thrylos 7 logic.

------

Some Random Person : I love seeing movies about friendship, friendship I feel is the best trait about Humanity.

Thrylos 7: OMFG. Do you realise who had friends. NAZI'S had friends! Are you a Nazi Sympathiser? Do you want to watch a movie about NAZI propaganda!?!

-----

Some Random Person : I think authors are the most important people going around. The written word has done more to advance society than anything else. Thats why I love to see biopics about Authors.

Thrylos 7: Holy Shit! Do you know that Hitler wrote a book??? Do you love Hitler! You want a story telling us how great Hitler was for writing a book??? You Nazi piece of scum!

------

Some Random Person : I love seeing movies with great scenery. Seeing the natural world more than anything else helps me become one with my humanity.

Thrylos 7: Wow.....Do you realise Germany has mountains and lakes???? Are you saying you want a film where we just watch Nazi's walking up mountains for 2 hours? Stop occupying other countries and go back to your own country you ass.

------

• Like 4

You can apply the same stuff to u.s occupation forces . It's very hard to feel sympathy for their families for the exact same reasons . Let's be honest, they are also fighting for world domination . This " holier than though" attitude of Americans when it comes to war, racism, army e.t.c is sickening .

Mind you I don't hate America, I have been there three times and enjoyed each one of them , I just hate hypocrisy from wherever it comes .

Lol yeah because they are really the same thing.

Jesus, you guys. Congratulations, this might be the first RTM thread to get locked. If you can't separate your emotions from discussing a movie without resorting to wild comparisons to Nazis and the like, then perhaps it's time to take a break from your keyboard. Go outside, smell some flowers, look at the beauty in the world.

• Like 8