antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

7 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

So this means the other half of the director is actually more talented. Him doing JW2 as a solo and making it as good if not better when most action sequels aren't that good or fail to match previous one proves this.

There's also the question of what the budget for John Wick 2 is considering the first one only cost 20M.

• Like 1

For me personally, the best thing about the first one was the mythology and the rules and the World building that they did. That was so interesting and it just added to the entire John Wick ethos and ideology and so on.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

The world building was great. 

I'd love to see an anthology type show based just around the Continental hotel. 

Either Collider Video or Screen Junkies said that Stahelski and the writer are pitching a series set in the John Wick universe. Lionsgate is keen on the idea and wants it developed ASAP. I vote for Lance Reddick's desk clerk as the central character, dealing with all that the assassins throw his way with Continental coolness. 

• Like 5

What makes John Wick unique also is Keanu Reeves period.

The guys who did that film worked on tons of big hollywood films as a second unit/stunt unit but they rarely have an american actor who is as sharped and trained for stunts and action.

It changes everything visually because you almost don't have to hide the guy who is doing the stunts for Keanu with cuts in the editing and clever framing.

Hence long shots without any cut that physically grounds the action and its impact on the viewer.

The intro of Civil War was done by the exact same guys and look at what they had to do to hide Scarjo's stunt double.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Either Collider Video or Screen Junkies said that Stahelski and the writer are pitching a series set in the John Wick universe. Lionsgate is keen on the idea and wants it developed ASAP. I vote for Lance Reddick's desk clerk as the central character, dealing with all that the assassins throw his way with Continental coolness. 

Ian McShane would be nice too.

• Like 1

Just now, Hatebox said:

Finally got round to watching the first. It's rough around the edges but when it's good it's amazing. Definitely game for the sequel, and it's been literally years since I was excited for an action film.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKd5yxlXI6KHAPd7ODOvL

boogeyman3.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The world building of John Wick is great.

But it is as realistic as the Iron Man armor, don't kid ourselves.

But, who cares?  It's a movie.  I don't need realistic, at least not in a film like this.

• Like 6