Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

But can you name your senators? Can you, Baumer?! Can you?!

Pretty sure most people can't name their senators. Not being able to name Obama as the President is another matter entirely! :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy

I definitely am happy for them. 

I am so happy for DWA!

Fuck this shit DWA hater!!!!!!!

:D

Same here. Seeing a movie this successful is a different feeling. It feels like the Grinch gaining a heart. It actually feels better then just seeing Dreamworks only break even. I can at least see Home matching Croods $187 or close. $50 million is necessary for $200 million though. 

i'm seeing some unlikely people liking this so i just want to clarify that with the bolded line i meant "being able to laugh at problematic humor without feeling bad" is not a good thing and people need to learn to not find problematic stuff funny.

anyway yay home!!! i hope it breaks out get that 200m!

tumblr_inline_nlllrfy9Li1re8wlc.gif

tumblr_nfk3chWreJ1r2zw64o1_250.gif

tumblr_nfixe4inUX1ssb29qo1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_mwr7r20lQc1s91r5s.gif

iA2GeBy0xc60V.gif

tumblr_ne6nsdZJwf1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

• Like 2

I definitely am happy for them.

Same here. Seeing a movie this successful is a different feeling. It feels like the Grinch gaining a heart. It actually feels better then just seeing Dreamworks only break even. I can at least see Home matching Croods $187 or close. $50 million is necessary for $200 million though.

Croods numbers might be difficult but $140-150m may be doable but it really depends on legs. Even HTTYD2 couldn't march the legs that Croods had despite a bigger OW.

I do think DWA still has a long way to go but Home should help them a little.

Wow, that's really great for HOME. It's not necessarily a huge number but it's definitely something that would give DW a sigh of relief. Also, isn't that a good drop for INSURGENT? It might come close to DIVERGENT's second weekend despite opening lower. CINDERELLA might drop 45%. Not sure if that's good.

Wow, that's really great for HOME. It's not necessarily a huge number but it's definitely something that would give DW a sigh of relief. Also, isn't that a good drop for INSURGENT? It might come close to DIVERGENT's second weekend despite opening lower. CINDERELLA might drop 45%. Not sure if that's good.

It is following Maleficent. That also did 18M 3rd weekend.

It is following Maleficent. That also did 18M 3rd weekend.

It's the dailies that are the problem. Maleficent had much stronger dailies thanks to summer weekdays. 200M looks like the target for Cinderella currently.

• Like 2

Are you for real?  You don't even see 99% of the movies you trash so what gives you the right to tell us what we should and shouldn't see.

That's Ando for you always fighting the good fight

• Like 2

It's the dailies that are the problem. Maleficent had much stronger dailies thanks to summer weekdays. 200M looks like the target for Cinderella currently.

Cinderella really should be having much better weekend holds to make up for weaker dailies. :sadno:

Why are people saying Home is going to save DWA? Most movies are making bunch of profits even if marketing is 30-40 million , still plenty for DWA.

I'm not sure it's that it's going to save DWA, so much as it's not going to kill them like some predicted.

DWA has been bleeding money, they had to cut their production schedule, close their Redwood City studio, sell their main studio facilities (they're leasing them back to use), lay off over 500 people. Some thought this might be the film that would seal their doom.

Edited by TServo2049