lilmac

What's the worst sequel to a great movie?

Heres one not many is going to name, but should: Crocodile Dundee 2.

What the hell dude. Okay the first CD was nothing groundbreaking, especially in the sea of great 80's comedies, but it was fun, charismatic, and fresh for a fish out of water movie. But at the same time, it's not the type of concept that needed a sequel. Well, it got one anyway, and I watched it. I have never been so bored in my entire life. 

It's like they took Crocodile Dundee 1 and sucked all the joy and life out of it and its stars, added some Columbians, and repackaged it as "Dundee 2." The plot was boring, the actors were boring, the direction was boring, the writing was boring. It was a turd. Yes I know theres a Dundee 3, but I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

So to sum up, to me it seems most bad arent necessarily sequels that are "bad" movies: TF2, Shrek 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Star Trek 2, 2 Fast 2 Furious, pretty much any movie with a 2 on it, is considered inferior to the original, but they're not all bad. The sequels that are bad are the sequels to movies with concepts that didnt warrant a sequel. I love Martin Lawrence, but what the fuck was he think with Big Momma's 2? I actually stick up (somewhat) for Paul Blart, but Paul Blart 2? And what makes it worse is theyre still calling him a mall cop...when hes not. And I haven't seen it, but Dolphin Tale 2...did it really make sense? I doubt it.

Fucking Dundee.

• Like 2

Heres one not many is going to name, but should: Crocodile Dundee 2.

What the hell dude. Okay the first CD was nothing groundbreaking, especially in the sea of great 80's comedies, but it was fun, charismatic, and fresh for a fish out of water movie. But at the same time, it's not the type of concept that needed a sequel. Well, it got one anyway, and I watched it. I have never been so bored in my entire life.

It's like they took Crocodile Dundee 1 and sucked all the joy and life out of it and its stars, added some Columbians, and repackaged it as "Dundee 2." The plot was boring, the actors were boring, the direction was boring, the writing was boring. It was a turd. Yes I know theres a Dundee 3, but I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

So to sum up, to me it seems most bad arent necessarily sequels that are "bad" movies: TF2, Shrek 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Star Trek 2, 2 Fast 2 Furious, pretty much any movie with a 2 on it, is considered inferior to the original, but they're not all bad. The sequels that are bad are the sequels to movies with concepts that didnt warrant a sequel. I love Martin Lawrence, but what the fuck was he think with Big Momma's 2? I actually stick up (somewhat) for Paul Blart, but Paul Blart 2? And what makes it worse is theyre still calling him a mall cop...when hes not. And I haven't seen it, but Dolphin Tale 2...did it really make sense? I doubt it.

Fucking Dundee.

Dolphin Tale 2 did make sense, and it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

TDKR is up there.

Toy Story 2 and 3

Scary Movie 2

Halloween 3

Nightmare on Elm Street 2

*spits out drink* YOU LIKE TOY STORY 1???

Anyway, recent ones are essentially every Muppets sequel besides the first 3 and 2011.

Hangover sequels

I agree about Crocodile Dundee.

- Grease 2

- Star Wars prequels

- Shrek 3 & 4

- Robocop 3

- Speed 2

- Toy Story 3

- Blues Brothers 2000

oh yes Grease 2 was AWWful.. Toy Story 3 was quite a letdown too. 

• Like 1