lilmac

What's the worst sequel to a great movie?

The clear winner is Highlander 2. It was so bad that when they made a third they pretended the 2nd never existed.

how the hell did not a single person on page 1 of this thread mention Highlander 2???

I keep forgetting that Jewel of the Nile was even a sequel to Romancing the Stone.

And here's one I should have brought up earlier: Son of the Mask. Oh my god, what is that shit I don't even. (That was also the first movie I noticed to come to video after only 3 months - back then, that only happened for stuff that completely bombed at the BO.)

Edited by TServo2049

Not the worst sequel ever, not by a mile, but given how brilliant the first film was, Temple of Doom was a real letdown and a film that almost seemed like it didn't understand Raiders.

• Like 1

Not the worst sequel ever, not by a mile, but given how brilliant the first film was, Temple of Doom was a real letdown and a film that almost seemed like it didn't understand Raiders.

I know I'm in the minority but Temple is my favorite of the series.

Edited by HesAPooka

Somebody mentioned "Jewel of the Nile" - exactly what came to my mind when I read the thread title.

I almost forgot about that, Jewel of the Nile was terrible. 

Edited by Kalo

Toy Story 3? Fucking Really???  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Anyways.

Superman 3 and 4.

Transformers 2,3, and 4.

Batman and Robin

Caddyshack 2

The Hangover Pt. 2 and 3

Pretty much any straight to dvd Disney sequel movie in the 90's.

I won't touch on the countless shitty horror sequels, prequels, and remakes we've gotten.

Some recent films that spring to mind:

The Dark Knight (it's not awful but given how great the first film was, it's a real disappointment to go from great to not very good)

Starship Troopers VOD sequels (and RoboCop 3)

Jurassic Park 2

Shrek 3

Mean Girls 2

Cars 2

Some recent films that spring to mind:

The Dark Knight (it's not awful but given how great the first film was, it's a real disappointment to go from great to not very good)

Starship Troopers VOD sequels (and RoboCop 3)

Jurassic Park 2

Shrek 3

Mean Girls 2

Cars 2

lol what

• Like 1

lol what

again, not the worst sequel ever, simply a massive step down. I think TDK is quite a poor movie and I expect better from Nolan. Fortunately TDKR was excellent, so that made up for it.