lilmac

What's the worst sequel to a great movie?

The worst sequel to a great movie has to be something where A: The first movie was GREAT (which is why something like TF2 wouldn't count, since TF1 has it's share of detractors, and if you liked it, you probably liked TF2 anyway). And is B: Really, truly awful. Not just some movie where the fanboys peed their pants in rage and bitched about their childhoods being "raped" (Star Wars prequels, Indy 4). 

My vote goes to Superman III and IV. I can't think of a solid franchise that took a quicker nosedive.

Edited by Jawa

The worst sequel to a great movie has to be something where A: The first movie was GREAT (which is why something like TF2 wouldn't count, since TF1 has it's share of detractors, and if you liked it, you probably liked TF2 anyway). And is B: Really, truly awful. Not just some movie where the fanboys peed their pants in rage and bitched about their childhoods being "raped" (Star Wars prequels, Indy 4). 

My vote goes to Superman III and IV. I can't think of a solid franchise that took a quicker nosedive.

I don't agree with him but Ethan thinks TF1 is the best movie of all time and TF2 is the worst movie of all time.

Some recent films that spring to mind:

The Dark Knight (it's not awful but given how great the first film was, it's a real disappointment to go from great to not very good)

Starship Troopers VOD sequels (and RoboCop 3)

Jurassic Park 2

Shrek 3

Mean Girls 2

Cars 2

You know you're a hipster when...........

Jaws II and all the sequels

Iron Man 2

Star Wars 1

Caddyshack 2

Spider Man 3

I'm actually pretty shocked it took over two pages and nearly 3 weeks for someone to mention this. :lol:

Edited by Avenging Arachnid!™

Some recent films that spring to mind:

The Dark Knight (it's not awful but given how great the first film was, it's a real disappointment to go from great to not very good)

I have no words. Wait, I have two. Katie Holmes. Wait, I have two more. Heath Ledger.

Carry on.

TDK>BB>>>TDKR

BB has some great moments, but its also has some dumb moments, TDK flows much better and has a much sharper script, on top of that, it has a better villain.

Well done.