kayumanggi

ATOMIC BLONDE | 07.28.17 | Focus Features | David Leitch | Charlize Theron, James McAvoy

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Should do around 75 million minimum. If wom is awesome then 100+ is possible during summer. 

That would put it at number 2 all time unadjusted for Focus Feature and close to John Wick 2 (92m), it is Universal so they can push if if the metric made it look like it is worth it, but I'm not sure the floor is that high.

The first John Wick was excellent (85% RT), had a giant release including an IMAX one and did only 43m domestic.

Haywire was a really well received Soderbergh movie that started on 2,400 theater and did only 18m domestic.

It has breakout potential, but the floor for original action movie is not really high.

Edited by Barnack

On 3/8/2017 at 9:19 AM, Durden said:

'Is a poppy, punk-rock take on the genre by fight choreographer-turned-director David Leitch (John Wick). It’s Berlin, 1989. Depeche Mode and New Order dominate the airwaves, the wall is about to come down, and Theron’s character Lorraine Broughton is sent into the chaotic city to retrieve a most-wanted dossier."

sldkjf.jpg?w=2700

ijd.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1800px&resiz

sfh.jpg?w=2700

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/08/charlize-theron-atomic-blonde-first-look/

Sex, Violents and Kickass Charlize Theron ... Im all IN -- can't wait. Dam she looks hot as hell even if they try to make her ugly.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

This looks great and all, but the bar for a bad-ass Charlize Theron action hero has now been set very high:

I liked badass Angelina Jolie action hero.

Salt-Angelina-Jolie.jpg

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

God, I miss Angelina in action-heroine mode!!! :( 

However, Charlize is a badass too, so I am good.

BTW, I went to see WW today (again), and there was a standee for Atomic Blonde that pretty much consisted of "It's awesome!" On top of all the blurbs it read, "Everybody's talking about The Stairwell Scene!" I just thought it was odd and interesting that they are quite specifically trying to create buzz for a would-be iconic scene. Hope it works.

Edited by Cochofles

4 hours ago, baumer said:

Theyve done a good job of making this look like a must see.

I've seen the trailer twice in the theater and my reaction is....wait for DVD.

If it opens to $35m OW I'll be impressed. It doesn't feel as interesting as I found trailers for SALT.