kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

35 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

I don't think anything will ever top Ghost Protocol but this looks damn good. Looks like the whole movie will be pure action.

I counted no less than 4 extended action sequences shown in the trailer. This might end up being the most consistently thrilling entry of the series despite Rogue Nation having a fairly nonstop sense of motion to the plot until the final act.

Edgar Wright generally doesn't tweet about franchise films unless they're very good. But keep in mind that both he and McQuarrie are very friendly with each other so some bias is to be expected.

As for all the praise for Ghotocol... It's a slick action-set-piece driven movie where the connective tissue feels like fluff. It's very similar to a Fast and the Furious movie. That's not a compliment.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zhu2 said:

As for all the praise for Ghotocol... It's a slick action-set-piece driven movie where the connective tissue feels like fluff. It's very similar to a Fast and the Furious movie. That's not a compliment.

lol. 

Cinephalia and their Practical Stunts/Effects Hard-Ons/jerk-off sessions have become a parody of itself.

If I was an evil person, I would wish Tom Cruise died in a horrible stunt accident to prove their utter stupidity.

Edited by The Futurist

11 hours ago, zhu2 said:

The movie knows that's all it is though, which is why it works. It doesn't pretend Hunt is worthy of having a deep, emotional plot foisted upon him (because he really isn't). 

Edited by Hatebox

44 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The movie knows that's all it is though, which is why it works. It doesn't pretend Hunt is worthy of having a deep, emotional plot foisted upon him (because he really isn't). 

Oh, I agree. But there is a reason why Mission is the least influential among the spy franchises. There is very little depth to any of it.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

lol. 

For the record, I do like Ghotocol and it's better than any Fast and the Furious movie, but they're still very similar.

2 hours ago, Alli said:

An interesting club would be this against Ant Man 2.  I believe AM2 would win. The series hasn't reached its potential. I believe it can do about 250M domestic

AM2 will make more, no doubt. Fallout will almost definitely be the better film though. 

• Like 1

These MI movies are so much better in every way than anything else in their genre - barring Craig's Bond, of course - it's not even funny.

Another decent movie* in this dismal June-August summer for the Shay to look forward to.

* the only other one being Antman 2

Edited by shayhiri