kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

I forgot about WW.

I was talking about Shazam, BOP and now TSS as best reviewed DCU movies and two of them already are considered underperformers on box office. (I don't think Shazam underperformed tho).

I'm hoping TSS surprise us positively.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

It's not really Gunn and co's fault if this flops.

The reviews say it deserves the rating but after BOP's underperformance, I dunno if it was the best decision to make Harley's next feature R-rated too. Her fanbase skews younger than what DC thinks. 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

Like WOW. This movie must be top tier.

Getting raves like this can only be a good thing. Like it’s getting better reviews than top art house films.

What is going on!? lol

Well, no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The reviews say it deserves the rating but after BOP's underperformance, I dunno if it was the best decision to make Harley's next feature R-rated too. Her fanbase skews younger than what DC thinks. 🤷‍♂️ 

I think she plays for many demos, young and d alike, but making BOP R Rated was very stupid to begin with. But this is WB so...

This is an example of what I mean when I say Marvel isn't really a CGI studio...

In the trailers, there  appears to be a gigantic tentacled monster that the team is fighting. Also, King Shark is a fully CGI humanoid shark.

If this was a Marvel movie, that monster never happens...also, King Shark would have most likely been an actor with make up and SOME CGI.

You can't look at King Shark here and say, that's a man in a costume 🙂! Comics by their nature are absurd, and you have to embrace it! 

Marvel tends to...not embrace that absurdity...the Thor movies have been Captain America)Iron Man movies, only with Thor in them 🙂. We all know the nine realms...how is it CGI only truly came into play with Surtur and Fenris in Thor 3?! 

Aquaman's alien races, Guardians' mostly humanoid races...

Alright Annihilus! Negative Zone ruler...what are you gonna do? Avoid him? Side step him? He's an insectoid being 😂! Unless you're gonna make drastic changes, there's no way his insectoid body plan can be done with an actor and a Walmart halloween costume 😂! You gotta spend some cash!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

Well, I am getting carried away but to still be at 100% with over 40 reviews for a superhero movie is crazy.

It's happened a couple of times, but it's doing really well, especially holding strong to the average rating.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I think she plays for many demos, young and d alike, but making BOP R Rated was very stupid to begin with. But this is WB so...

Making BOP R-rated was a mistake, making Suicide Squad R feels right. BOP should not have been R, and it is pretty clear WB did not want it to be R, but Margot was adamant about it from the start even before the movie was made. That is one case where they gave the producer full control on the rating. It could have easily been PG-13 with minimal changes as well.

• Like 4

It is a mystery to me how the current Birds of Prey movie that exists today got an R. Its violence isn't any more brutal than any of DC's PG-13 fare and I don't remember anything too objectionable in terms of sex or language (could be misremembering something). How on Earth did it get an R?

Just now, Snake Eric said:

It is a mystery to me how the current Birds of Prey movie that exists today got an R. Its violence isn't any more brutal than any of DC's PG-13 fare and I don't remember anything too objectionable in terms of sex or language (could be misremembering something). How on Earth did it get an R?

It has a lot of f-bombs and there’s a scene where someone’s face gets peeled off.

• Like 1

BOP never really used the R rating, at least visually.

The most underwhelming thing about the movie when i saw it for the first time it's exactly that i was expecting a violent movie and there wasn't anything to justify the rating.

Yeah there some blood here and there but it doesn't make sense, they make a hard PG-13 movie.

3 minutes ago, Snake Eric said:

Ummm, cutting off a face and showing part of the cutting onscreen was probably all that was needed...but there was more:)...

7 minutes ago, Snake Eric said:

A couple of f-bombs and blood splatter. Thats pretty much it.