kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Weird attempt at viral marketing lol. Trending at no. 4 on twitter though, so I guess it worked? Idk.

I can’t help but think it backfired on them somewhere, because James Gunn is claiming on Twitter that the cast “accidentally leaked it early” when it appeared as an advert on YouTube before any of them posted anything. I think someone at WB or YouTube pressed the button early.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Weird attempt at viral marketing lol. Trending at no. 4 on twitter though, so I guess it worked? Idk.

It would have trended anyway so no nothing changes. Most people wouldn't even know about this.

Anyways trailer is better than first.

20 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I can’t help but think it backfired on them somewhere, because James Gunn is claiming on Twitter that the cast “accidentally leaked it early” when it appeared as an advert on YouTube before any of them posted anything. I think someone at WB or YouTube pressed the button early.

Gunn is obviously joking. All of the adverts I’ve seen have begun with different members of the cast “leaking” the trailer. That’s clearly what he was referring to. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does it seem odd to anyone else that Zack and Deborah Snyder are listed as executive producers for this, but David Ayer isn’t? 

Must not have been able to get it into his contract on the first one!  And it seems pretty easy to come by, these days!!  

(Or perhaps he wanted his name off...but really, who refuses free money for essentially doing nothing?)

I actually liked this trailer, it brought back sweet memories from the prime days of the DCEU. This one looks to me very similar to what I was expecting the first Suicide Squad film to be, based on its trailers. Hope it delivers this time.

• Like 1

Terrible jokes in this one, and the first one was crap too. Getting nervous for this film because both trailers have been shit imo.

I actually really liked the first movie too, top 3 in DCEU for me (but always been a Suicide Squad stan)

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This was the strangest trailer launch I’ve ever seen. DC’s Twitter is claiming the cast “leaked” the trailer but nobody is stupid enough to roll with the campaign.

They did roll with it. They were all clearly in on the joke. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This was the strangest trailer launch I’ve ever seen. DC’s Twitter is claiming the cast “leaked” the trailer but nobody is stupid enough to roll with the campaign.

Everyone rolled with it. It was a fun bit online today.