kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

The dinos as heroes is an interesting conundrum, and I definitely lean towards the 'making them scary is far better' side.

Obviously JP had the hero shot of the T-Rex saving the day at the end but it was just a nice singly moment, a fun surprise. JW devoting an entire set-piece to the T-Rex being a a good-guy action hero felt really off to me, fan-service to a fault. The T-Rex should be more xenomorph than Hulk.

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually think this might miss 400 DOM. Not by much, but I can definitely see it happening. 

The film is a gigantic wildcard and i say that as a hardcore JP/JW fan. It entirely depends on the reception/WOM if this goes in the 300-400M region or the 400-500M+ region. Lets hope the film is much better than the trailer :sparta:

If its a really great movie, i can see it topping TDK. If its a piece of shit, it might go under 400M like you said. If its decent, 400M should be no problem at all.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The film is a gigantic wildcard and i say that as a hardcore JP/JW fan. It entirely depends on the reception/WOM if this goes in the 300-400M region or the 400-500M+ region. Lets hope the film is much better than the trailer :sparta:

If its a really great movie, i can see it topping TDK. If its a piece of shit, it might go under 400M like you said. If its decent, 400M should be no problem at all.

I think there’s usually a chance that the actual movie can be way better than what the trailer suggests.

Name some movies that had inferior trailers but turned out be better than expected when finally seeing them?

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think there’s usually a chance that the actual movie can be way better than what the trailer suggests.

Name some movies that had inferior trailers but turned out be better than expected when finally seeing them?

I know that. Star Trek Beyond had the WORST trailer ive seen in a long time and the film was...really good. Thats why i wrote, that i hope the movie will be way better than what the first trailer suggests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I know that. Star Trek Beyond had the WORST trailer ive seen in a long time and the film was...really good. Thats why i wrote, that i hope the movie will be way better than what the first trailer suggests.

Exactly.

I think another example i remember is ”Rise of the Planet of the Apes” being underestimated back in 2011...by several people after what happened with Tim Burton’s ”Planet of the Apes”. But when ”Rise” came out....the GA was getting into it and really liking it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

These +400m predictions, to me, seem like a case of 'it will do this amount of money because a bigger drop is impossible, right?' overpredictions. 

I'm thinking maybe 100-115m/260-280m?

At least it would make TLJ's drop look good.

I don't see it going that low but it's for sure gonna have an ugly-ass drop.

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

These +400m predictions, to me, seem like a case of 'it will do this amount of money because a bigger drop is impossible, right?' overpredictions. 

I'm thinking maybe 100-115m/260-280m?

You're drunk or stupid. I'm praying it's the former. That is the most ridiculous prediction ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'll make a bet with you, Goffe. If the Falen Kingdom falls below $320m, I'll pay you $150. If I win, then you shut the fuck up about Yates until Crimes of Grindelwald's run is over. 

What do you think? =)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually think this might miss 400 DOM. Not by much, but I can definitely see it happening. 

Possible.

TLJ from Awaken drop (if TLJ make 632m) would put the 

652,270,625 * (632/936) = 440m

Jurassic Park first run to Lost world drop:

652,270,625 * (229/357) = 418m

Split in the middle and you get around 430m, that would be my possible made up just from those predictions for Jurassic World 2.

Now Jurassic Park was a much more loved film, so the sequel of World could go down harsher if it does not deliver... but a mediocre 60% retention rate push it at 390m already.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Possible.

TLJ from Awaken drop (if TLJ make 632m) would put the 

652,270,625 * (632/936) = 440m

Jurassic Park first run to Lost world drop:

652,270,625 * (229/357) = 418m

Split in the middle and you get around 430m, that would be my made up just from those predictions for Jurassic World 2.

If you do adjusted for inflation, then the same drop from JP to TLW puts it right around 400 exactly.