kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Well, this thread took a turn to the meh, so let's talk about something spicy; TRAILER VIEEHWS!

25.6M right now after over 3 days. 476k likes, 22k dislikes. It seems decent? The first one had 53.9M views in its first week according to an article someone posted in here. The trailer for the first one has, as of right now, 84.8M views, 318k likes and 16k dislikes. Are people using the "like" button more often these days? It certainly seems that way.

I think it's looking good for that Ultron kind of drop I've been waiting for.

I'm not worried about this film at all. Just because the pretty-large-in-its-own-right trailer view amount is less than the amount of the first film doesn't mean the film won't be receiving an acceptable gross when it releases.

Plus, this looks and seems like the better film anyway, especially with J.A. Bayona at the helm. The critical thumbs up given to the film as a result certainly won't hurt the earnings.

Edited by slambros
  • Thanks 1

I also want to say that, back in Summer 2015, I saw both Jurassic World and Avengers: Age of Ultron, and while both films were fine in my opinion, I really did lean towards preferring Jurassic World. I felt that Jurassic World was certainly different from many of the other blockbusters of the year (and of many years), and that Jurassic World had- or at least attempted to have- much more intertextual meaning than Age of Ultron. Also, dinosaurs are a much more threatening villain than Ultron, at least by the way their films portrayed them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, slambros said:

I also want to say that, back in Summer 2015, I saw both Jurassic World and Avengers: Age of Ultron, and while both films were fine in my opinion, I really did lean towards preferring Jurassic World. I felt that Jurassic World was certainly different from many of the other blockbusters of the year (and of many years), and that Jurassic World had- or at least attempted to have- much more intertextual meaning than Age of Ultron. Also, dinosaurs are a much more threatening villain than Ultron, at least by the way their films portrayed them.

Dinosaurs were the heroes tho

• Like 2

On 12/9/2017 at 2:44 AM, The Stingray said:

Is it just me or is blockbuster filmmaking at an all-time low atm? How many good/interesting blockbusters have there been in the last 5 years or so? Like 5, maybe? TA 1, The Lone Ranger, Godzilla, Interstellar and Fury Road...

Blockbuster I really liked in the last five years Dunkirk, TFA, Interstellar, Mad Max, Gravity, and The Dark Knight Rises. 

• Like 1