kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I know this is the second trailer, but it seems its not performing that great on youtube. Only 6m views in one day.... seems low compared to IW or the first trailer.

This franchise is not fanboy driven.

It is as four quadrant as you can get.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Alli said:

I know this is the second trailer, but it seems its not performing that great on youtube. Only 6m views in one day.... seems low compared to IW or the first trailer.

100 Million saw it on TV...

Super Bowl Spots never have great numbers on YT. 

Look at GotG:

Or JW:

When I was a kid, I had a dinosaur book. The claws of Deinocherius were the only thing they found back then and they always scared me. Today we know, it was no terrible raptor, but I always imagined something like Indoraptor as the dinosaur fitting with those claws. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

100 Million saw it on TV...

Super Bowl Spots never have great numbers on YT. 

Look at GotG:

Or JW:

When I was a kid, I had a dinosaur book. The claws of Deinocherius were the only thing they found back then and they always scared me. Today we know, it was no terrible raptor, but I always imagined something like Indoraptor as the dinosaur fitting with those claws. 

Edit ignore me

Edited by Tree Billboards

On 2/5/2018 at 5:20 PM, Bishop54 said:

Claire will be the founder of the Dinosaur Protection Group. Here's the viral site. 

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com

0Bs6RBII_o.jpg

qA5meQby_o.png

oFz5D93G_o.jpg

The Spinosaurus is extinct according to that website 

and are they going to explain what happened from the other island filled with dinosaurs?

• Like 1

Well, Jurassic World got a fuller trailer than most of the others, and, well, it really was an effective trailer. Even I'm excited for it based on that trailer. So I'm not surprised it made the biggest Super Bowl impact according to the chart above.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people on Reddit (I'm guessing franchise fanboys) seriously downplaying the second trailer's success by saying JW2 only has a fraction of conversations compared to IW, Solo, etc. I mean, isn't that expected? There's no ensemble cast of iconic characters with deep entrenched histories or a vast interconnected universe joining them all together. JW2 has a lot less material to discuss, and most audiences are likely going just to see dinosaurs on the big screen and not for the story anyways.