kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I think RPO gonna leverage #brand nostalgia to win March but winning March ain't saying much

And honestly April only seems slightly better, although April being a dumping ground is nothing new

GEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOORRRRGGGGGEEEEEEE

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Man that Atila or whatever its called is gonna be bad.

Went from Cameron hyping it for 20 years to a Robert Rodriguez-directing Ghost in the Shell analogue without a star lead. YIKES

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chewy said:

One thing that seems certain to me is that March is a DISASTER, many bombs coming

The realease slate for that month just looks sad. Black Panther could really benefit for a good run into March if they played their cards right. 

April doesn’t look any better. Maybe RPO coming at the end of March can take advantage and do ok.

2018 in a nutshell:

January-March: Trash save for a few movies

April: Might not be too bad with Isle of Dogs going wide/A Quiet Place/New Mutants/RAMPAGE/other stuff

May: YIKES

June: yikes but not so much yikes because there are more movies

July-August: Ok (lmfao @ 15 movies in August though)

September: Gonna suck outside of Eli Roth's kids movie :lol: 

October: This looks like a great month.

November-December: Yeah it looks fine.

God, I really hope some good, GA friendly stuff comes out of Sundance, because the first half of the year is looking ROUGH.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2018 in a nutshell:

January-March: Trash save for a few movies

April: Might not be too bad with Isle of Dogs going wide/A Quiet Place/New Mutants/RAMPAGE/other stuff

May: YIKES

June: yikes but not so much yikes because there are more movies

July-August: Ok (lmfao @ 15 movies in August though)

September: Gonna suck outside of Eli Roth's kids movie :lol: 

October: This looks like a great month.

November-December: Yeah it looks fine.

God, I really hope some good, GA friendly stuff comes out of Sundance, because the first half of the year is looking ROUGH.

what's up with that? so much competition. I want MI6 to do good, but there's too much stuff around it. something gotta move

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sam said:

The realease slate for that month just looks sad. Black Panther could really benefit for a good run into March if they played their cards right.

Dunno, there are SO MANY wide releases. They're all gonna bomb but losing screens will hurt Panther's legs some

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Dunno, there are SO MANY wide releases. They're all gonna bomb but losing screens will hurt Panther's legs some

True. I just want 300M like Ragnarok and all is good.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

ehhh...Your data looks strange...

The Most Viewed Trailers of 2014

DECEMBER 16, 2014

''Jurassic World, which had a hot start with 53.9 million views in its first week, finished fourth with 64 million cumulative views since debuting on Nov. 25.''

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/viewed-trailers-2014-758401

I can't find the source for the exact 24-hour views of JW (the 13.3 million number was from an archived list), but the others can be confirmed on Deadline or accredited sources. That said, there are a number of articles/blog posts that can narrow down the range.

"Last week the other major movie trailer for 2014 – that of Jurassic Park sequel Jurassic World – was also released, drawing 38 million views in the five days since it was released."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/star-wars-7-force-awakens-trailer-tops-40-million-views-become-biggest-2014-1477434

"The trailer for JURASSIC WORLD hit the web yesterday, two days earlier than scheduled, and already it’s garnering 16.2 Million views and counting on Universal Pictures’ YouTube channel".

http://www.ramascreen.com/jurassic-world-gate-will-be-practical-real-wood-concrete-and-steel/

Thanks for linking the first week numbers though. If JW2 finishes far below that, then we should probably be concerned. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think next year is the natural progression in the bubble of washed up franchises/cinematic universes that make no sense/blockbuster saturation that's gonna eventually burst. 2019 looks huge but it also looks bad. There's very little to get excited for there for me. This is where movie production is going, more and more every year.

This is why we need directing titans to pull their weight and make original blockbusters. Nolan does a good job of it. Abrams does not.

The issue isn't so much franchises (which have always been around), but old franchises that keep coming back. We need fresh blood in the franchise game. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

This is why we need directing titans to pull their weight and make original blockbusters. Nolan does a good job of it. Abrams does not.

Talking of fresher blood/approach will need to see what Abrams does with that Cloverfield franchise, Bad Robots does seem to have good potential imo.

57 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Where are you getting these view counts for Jurassic World and Ultron? Can't be just YouTube because Force Awakens had those views from Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter combined.

These view count numbers are listed as being across multiple platforms. I can't find relevant articles for JW's 24-hour views (likely because it wasn't record-breaking) except on an archived Wikipedia article.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_most_viewed_online_videos_in_first_24_hours.html#cite_note-40

The numbers for Ultron can be confirmed though, so I believe that list is valid for the most part.

"Within 24 hours, the trailer for the May 1, 2015 film tallied 34.3 million global views, according to parent company Disney.  About 26.2 million of those clicks came from Marvel’s YouTube account, which would have been enough to leave the studio’s previous superhero trailers in the dust."

http://ew.com/article/2014/10/24/avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-record/

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw i would like to have it ERASED FROM THE RECORD how excited i was that chris pratt was becoming a movie star back in 2014.

Unfortunately he hasn't parlayed his stardom into taking interesting roles or doing anything to expand his range beyond the snarky but lovable working-class hunk trope. 

11 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Unfortunately he hasn't parlayed his stardom into taking interesting roles or doing anything to expand his range beyond the snarky but lovable working-class hunk trope. 

Screw the haters, I still love me some Pratt.  I can't say I'd do anything differently to be honest.  He's still young and taking full advantage of the time he has in the spotlight.  This shit won't last forever.

• Like 2

It IS the first act in the movie, it apparently occurs around 57 minutes in the movie according to the writer on Twitter 

4 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

But worst of all they basically spoiled the entire movie.

PLUS, a bonus spoiler! The T-Rex saves Pratt from a Carnosaurus in the third act!

The only way this can be redeemed is if the volcano explosion actually occurs in the first act to set up the rest of the movie. 

• Like 1

I loved Pratt in GOTG1. 

That’s about it. 

Unlikable in Passengers and JW

Tried too hard in Magnificent Seven. 

Serviceable in GOTG2. 

And I don’t care for Lego Movie so.

• Like 1