kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

If you do adjusted for inflation, then the same drop from JP to TLW puts it right around 400 exactly. 

Could definitely see a 390 to 410 result, that said I didn't saw the first one success coming at all, not a second, so I am quite out of touch with that fanbase/target audience I think.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I'll make a bet with you, Goffe. If the Falen Kingdom falls below $320m, I'll pay you $150. If I win, then you shut the fuck up about Yates until Crimes of Grindelwald's run is over. 

What do you think? =)

You can't make money bets here, unless you agree to donate the money to the site.

And I agree with you btw....I'd be willing to split that amount with you.  If it makes less than 350 million, I'd be willing to donate 75 bucks to the site, you donate $75.00 to the site, if it goes over 350, then Goffe donates 15.00 to the site.

@Noctis @Goffe

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

If you do adjusted for inflation, then the same drop from JP to TLW puts it right around 400 exactly. 

The Lost World wasn't well liked.  And the film opened to a record opening weekend.  Only way it drops below 400 million is if it's not a well liked film.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think this has a pretty set multi regardless of quality. Unless it's spectacular or truly awful, I'd say 2.7-2.9x. If the marketing continues to be lackluster I see it opening below 150, which puts 400 in question.

Wgat lackluster marketing? 

35 minutes ago, baumer said:

You can't make money bets here, unless you agree to donate the money to the site.

And I agree with you btw....I'd be willing to split that amount with you.  If it makes less than 350 million, I'd be willing to donate 75 bucks to the site, you donate $75.00 to the site, if it goes over 350, then Goffe donates 15.00 to the site.

@Noctis @Goffe

Can't do that, buddy. I'm currently unemployed and $15 dollars is not peanuts once converted to reais, Brazil's currency.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Goffe said:

Can't do that, buddy. I'm currently unemployed and $15 dollars is not peanuts once converted to reais, Brazil's currency.

Sorry, no worries......just know that Noctis can't pay you the $150.00 unless you guys talk about it privately.  We can get in trouble if we are betting dollar amounts with each other.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I know that feeling bro as I've been in your situation multiple times before. :whosad:

• Sad 1

This one is gonna be interesting.

Jurassic World was sold as a sequel/remake of Jurassic Park, ignoring the fact 2 other films existed.

The whole marketing of JW was basically screaming at your face :

" 90's Nostalgia !"

What is this movie s hook I wonder.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, The Futurist said:

This one is gonna be interesting.

Jurassic World was sold as a sequel/remake of Jurassic Park, ignoring the fact 2 other films existed.

The whole marketing of JW was basically screaming at your face :

" 90's Nostalgia !"

What is this movie s hook I wonder.

Nope, JW's hook was seeing a Jurraisiic Park open and in full  operation, something audiences have wanted to see from day one.  Nostalgia alone does not account for JW's huge grosses. BUt I agree that Fallen Kingdom does not have a great hook like JW. It looks like just more people being chased by dinosaurs, with little new added to the mix.

• Like 1