kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Just now, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Reminds me of Night At The Museum. JW2 should be distancing itself from that classic to avoid unfavourable comparisons.

Yeah wondering how a museum will be involve.  Unless that museum is on another island surrounded by dinos again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, commonsense88 said:

Am I the only one disappointed at there being another main child character in the Jurassic Park movies. Can we move away from the annoying kid troupe

Without the children, my daughter would have never been totally interested in Jurassic Park movies. Thanks to these characters she knows many thinks about dinosaurs.

The only really annoying child in a JP movie is the girl from The Lost World.

• Like 1

Jurassic World is pretty awesome.  The movie is basically a critique of modern summer movies.

And its got Blue running in slow mo to save the day at the end, military trained raptors with headgear, a big scifi channel original movie hybrid dino, "that things part raptor...", a person's death that pissed off people for some reason, and a raptor and T-Rex fist bump when big hybrid baddie is defeated, etc.

I like that kind of schlock.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AABATTERY said:

Everything in Jurassic Park III was annoying so by extension the kid in that one was annoying.

The family plot was annoying. That poor kid had to deal with his lame parents. IMHO, he surprisingly was one of the lesser annoying characters of the movie. In fact, he was able to get Tyrannosaurus piss in a pot. Kudos to him!

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Despite all the violence and brutal deaths, Jurassic Park films are actually kids movies. It may be unintentional, but they are. 

I remember Colin Trevorrow saying about JW that he wanted it to be seen from a child's point of view, and that he even felt like the dialogue between Claire and Owen was sort of how kids think adults talk. I thought that was pretty funny.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Despite all the violence and brutal deaths, Jurassic Park films are actually kids movies. It may be unintentional, but they are. 

I don't disagree, but I'm curious where everyone thinks the line for a "kids movie" is if it's not violence. Obviously there are PG-13 and R movies that appeal to kids more than certain G / PG movies, but given all the complaining over how lenient the MPAA is on violence, is it something that should be encouraged?

Edited by tribefan695

18 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't disagree, but I'm curious where everyone thinks the line for a "kids movie" is if it's not violence. Obviously there are PG-13 and R movies that appeal to kids more than certain G / PG movies, but given all the complaining over how lenient the MPAA is on violence, is it something that should be encouraged?

It's not people on people though, it's animals extinct for millions of years on people. Kids can understand that's not realistic.

9 hours ago, cookie said:

How can you call the survivor kid in JW3 lame and give the ballerina that jumpkicks a raptor out of a window in the second one a pass?

Seriously, fuck Lost World.

Lost World is fine. Flawed but fine.

Don't even get me started on JP3.

Edited by AABATTERY
horrific typo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Lost World is fine.Flaeed but fine.

Don't even get me started on JP3.

Lost World is garbage. It's too long and Spielberg is on give-no-fucks mode which makes it even more insulting compared to the original. The only genuinely good part is the San Diego climax.

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Am I the only one who was really disappointed by Jurassic World?

Many, many people were. I'd say most of this site was.

I wasn't because T-Rex crashing through a spinosaurus skeleton was the single most satisfying moment in cinema I saw that year.