K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Yeah I'd say this is more shicking than Sniper and Fast, all things considered.

NBC really lucked out having the Super Bowl this year. JW, Fast, Minions, Ted, and PP2 all had maximum exposure. Some had a full minute spot too. Definately helped.

Sniper was a freak of nature. I don't think anyone (or hardly anyone) would have put that film in the top 10 grossing films of 2014 even weeks before it's release, let alone it becoming the number 1 film of 2014. Still think that's the biggest shock. Jurassic World is a shock, but it always had potential to shock if it connected right. First 2 JP film's broke opening weekend records. Only JP3 didn't have an opening weekend record to it's name. The 14 year break has helped massively.

It's like 1997 again

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-05-26/entertainment/ca-62601_1_jurassic-park

Edited by MonstersandRoy

i slept just 3 hours this night cause was an amzing night to follow here more than AOU witch was a disapointment.

my guess it s today is going to be epic cause it s the families day :P

History has been made my generation 28 35 years old will be in theater this week end to have a little of nostalgia bet on that.

Just remember, even it it does beat TA1 somehow, there should be an asterisk. It had 5 EXTRA HOURS.

Though, considering how business shifts to the weekday during summer, JW would have probably butchered the OW record in the May environment. 

TA had a likely higher 3D share.

Hear hear! Asterisks everywhere I say!

Ha, that is probably a fair enough comment. I haven't seen it yet but I have a hard time believing it could live up to the legacy of JP1. And make no mistake, this opening is a big testament to how beloved that 22 year old film is. Still though, I have heard enough positive WOM on various forums that I expect a good time with the dinos tomorrow morning.

Yeah, it's not JP1 but still very good.

Kids come for the dinos, Dads come for Chris Pratt, Mom comes for Girl Power (the dinos, and maybe for Bryce Dallas), Geeks come for the whole package. The ultimate summer movie. If it is a simple formula, why No. 3 is such a lackluster effort? Too much of a thriller, an atmosphere of mean-spiritedness that permeates throughout.

• Like 2

Kids come for the dinos, Dads come for Chris Pratt, Mom comes for Girl Power (the dinos, and maybe for Bryce Dallas), Geeks come for the whole package. The ultimate summer movie. If it is a simple formula, why No. 3 is such a lackluster effort? Too much of a thriller, an atmosphere of mean-spiritedness that permeates throughout.

3 was a bad movie, was been there done that and coming off meh second film. This had perfect timing and 10+ years to forget about the last 2 films.

Edited by FTF

What kind of Saturday hold is everyone giving it?

I'm thinking 5% increase from non-previews Friday, which means 68-69 Saturday. 

It'd be a shame to come that close to the record without breaking it... :lol:..

TA made that much on SAT because of it's amazing WOM. I'm not sure if that's the case for JW just yet.

What? Girl power? Dads coming for Pratt? If anything the women are coming for Pratt.

• Like 1