#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Everyone loved Blue, the final

4-way monster battle

is driving the WOM, and the scene where Chris Pratt rides along the Raptors is pretty close to becoming iconic. 

EDIT: Yeah, and Nostalgia. 

I get all that but those numbers are batshit insane.

Didn't get any of the first three to the then all time record though...not even the masterpiece original.

Not that JW is locked to beat Avatar, but with that early Friday range and Father's Day it is now a contender for sure. That's just insane to think about.

Actually JP1 was the biggest initial run ever at the time.

I can't believe 70-90% jump until I see the finals. If it is I think Avatar's going down (which is fine by me, because Avatar is as humdrum a movie as Jurassic World).

Inside Out is gonna set the record for an original animated movie OW, which I guess makes up for it

• Like 1

I want IO to win just so we get more original movies from Pixar and not the Disney-mandated Cars 7: Turbo Springs. 

It's too late. Jurassic World proved nostalgia on certain properties is box office steroids, you can bet your ass if Finding Dory breaks out the sequels will keep coming.

I can't believe 70-90% jump until I see the finals. If it is I think Avatar's going down (which is fine by me, because Avatar is as humdrum a movie as Jurassic World).

Inside Out is gonna set the record for an original animated movie OW, which I guess makes up for it

I've seen many night sellouts for Inside Out! I hope it gets a $30M Friday but anything above $27M is still awesome.

Nah, not even nostalgia can save Terminator :lol:

there's one movie every summer that I can't escape the trailer for and this year it's terminator. I mean, goddamn. When I saw jurassic world I started looking at the floor when that trailer played because I just don't want it anymore. 

• Like 1