Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

I accidentally posted this in the Wednesday thread instead of this Magic Mike:XXL is this years Horrible Bosses 2. Likely going to see a domestic of about between 60-65 million domestic total. It's a shame that Inside Out won't be the biggest movie to not be at #1 on the bright side though for an original animated movie by Pixar this is possibly their most successful since 2009's Up. Impressive holding power for Jurassic World and should possibly become the top 3 grossing films of all-time domestic. Bye-bye Terminator if they plan on doing sequels(although it wasn't very good)in the future overseas would save it but 100 million domestic could still be in line but barely. Embarrassing drop for Ted 2 it won't even reach 80 million domestic now, and Seth McFarlane should stick with his TV shows on FOX and TBS so he shouldn't be crying.

I accidentally posted this in the Wednesday thread instead of this Magic Mike:XXL is this years Horrible Bosses 2. Likely going to see a domestic of about between 60-65 million domestic total. It's a shame that Inside Out won't be the biggest movie to not be at #1 on the bright side though for an original animated movie by Pixar this is possibly their most successful since 2009's Up. Impressive holding power for Jurassic World and should possibly become the top 3 grossing films of all-time domestic. Bye-bye Terminator if they plan on doing sequels(although it wasn't very good)in the future overseas would save it but 100 million domestic could still be in line but barely. Embarrassing drop for Ted 2 it won't even reach 80 million domestic now, and Seth McFarlane should stick with his TV shows on FOX and TBS so he shouldn't be crying.

JW 's target is Titanic. Avengers is a done deal at the moment

• Like 1

It's not yet planned to release on China.

I think I remember there is a report how China considers time travel as a form of false religion and would restrict the entry of such movies with extreme prejudice.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

I honestly believe Alex Pettyfer was a big draw for people for the first movie.

lol, no

I think you meant to type Matthew McCoughnahey

Yes.  I remember during the first one I was chatting with the ladies going to see it.  I was just assuming that everyone was there for Tatum, but there was a divide in the demo.  Older women were definitely there for McCoughnahey.  They showed up with homemade "Lawbreaker" shirts ready to party.  I thought the trailers for XXL were fun and cut together nice and stylishly, but lacked a big hook like the lawbreaker stuff.

• Like 3

I think I remember there is a report how China considers time travel as a form of false religion and would restrict the entry of such movies with extreme prejudice.

The original Terminator is banned in China and so is Back To The Future.

If T5 doesn't get released in China RIP the franchise. If it does and it does 250M say hello to Arnold trying to talk Chinese in the streets of Hong Kong in the next one.

• Like 1