Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Disney live-action films as well. Maleficent and Cinderella were huge in Japan.

And dinosaurs. JP3 made more than 40m in Japan(Jp1 earned 120m). But that was long ago. I wonder if JW will do huge numbers.

Edited by kowan
  • Like 1

ERC is reporting a 30.9M weekend. The dinos smashed the feelings again. 

Let's just hope actuals keep it that way.  :)

Awesome for both JW and IO. This is one time where coming in 2nd is actually better for IO IMHO - it gets a record that will stand for a long long time.

Boy, Japan has become a place where Hollywood films go to die. Obviously there are a few exceptions but for the most part it's a dying market.

I don't blame them. When's the last time a western audience embraced a dubbed Japanese film, Spirited Away?

• Like 3

If actual's has JW on top, this would be Universal second movie at #1 for 4 weekends this year. And Minions will take the reign's next weekend.

Edited by Queen Shar
  • Like 1

I still remember a few months ago when people were saying JW would only win its first weekend and that's it.

It's now beaten IO on its 2nd weekend, Ted2 and IO on its 3rd, and TG, IO and MM2 on its 4th weekend.

Amazing stuff. It truly deserves to be the movie that goes on to beat Titanic.

• Like 3