grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

I dunno peeps, I'm starting to look forward to this far more than Lion King. I'm getting ready to eat crow for dismissing this in the past.

Can we just have a crowd pleaser that at least does well? So deflated about Dumbo but hopefully it means Burton is done with Disney. Excited about this film and my daughter actually wants to see it. I've seen every Peppa/my Little pony/Lego/Lego 2 film. Ready for a change.

• Like 1

Don't know what to think of this.

Genie Willie looks weird but Smith seems to give his all.

Production values are excellent.

Can the main couple make the relationship work on screen ?

Edited by The Futurist

My theater has showtimes for this up in preparation for when tickets go on sale (I'm guessing next week?) and have a Fan Event set up for that Thursday (like Disney usually does these days for movies they anticipate will be blockbusters) so I imagine the marketing machine is about to really rev up for this with Endgame now out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aladdin is my favorite WDA film, but I'm hesitant to say that it will be a big hit.  I feel like more people are in love with The Lion King, which isn't bad at all, but might overshadow Aladdin a bit.

I'm still not sold on Mena Massoud's acting chops (I think he needs more charisma maybe?), and you can only do so much with Will Smith.  It'll probably make bank by default, but I just don't see it really breaking out at the moment.  Hope I am wrong!

Edited by acetabulum

Tickets for this are for sure going on sale today. Just went on twitter and there was ad for “Friends day” sponsored by Aladdin with the “You ain’t never had a friend like me,” saying attached to it. 

I imagine the trailer they drop will prob feature that song. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, acetabulum said:

What the heck happened to my font?  Lol

When you copy and paste something you have to tap the “paste as plain text” thing that comes at the bottom of the comment otherwise the part you pasted shows up like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1