WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

ANT-MAN has actually done pretty well overseas.

Ant-Man burrowed into 37 overseas markets day-and-date with North America this weekend, representing about half of its final international footprint, and earned $56.4 million, 23% ahead of Thor and 44% ahead of Captain America: The First Avenger. Combined with NA’s #1 opening of $58.04 million, Marvel’s tiniest superhero grossed $114.4 million worldwide in its first frame.

It is also in that video I posted at the end :lol:

I see it now, yeah. I didn't play it all the way through. I am very curious what channel or demographic are they targeting with these ads.

OK. WTF was that?

These ads, much like the extended preview they had in front of JW on IMAX screens, would actually lower my interest in the movie.

Who are they targeting with this? So bad.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

This one tops that in its uh....strangeness.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123033

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyStudios/videos/vb.111382562236411/947727858601873/?type=2&theater

Edited, ok I see they have it at the end of that video you posted.

That is the worst tv spot in the history of tv spots.

• Like 4

I don't know what leaves me more speechless, the spots themselves, or that they had already made 51 spots earlier. Good grief, how many TV spots do movies HAVE these days? (I rarely watch commercial TV, I DVR and fast-forward through the ads if I do, so I never see this stuff.)

3 Great Movies :

Batman Begins

TDK

TDKR minus all the 'bad' stuff (including Talia death scene, JGL exposes Bruce, Back Punching Scene, Air-Whiffing)

vs

Good Movie - Two Towers

Excellent Movie - Fellowship of the Ring

Letdown- ROTK

Perfect! :ph34r:

Hmmm

BB- A-

TDK-A+

TDKR-A+

FotR A+

TTT- A+

RotK-B+

:ph34r:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW

I am actually surprised it opened over 1M with marketing like this.

If the entire movie maintained the wacky, surreal tone of that spot, it would be my favorite MCU film. Why did the dancing montages not make the final cut?

The song in that ad is stuck in my head now, so I guess it kind of worked? wtf is that Douglas/Rudd one though lmao.

I think that just might be the most memorable spot for a superhero movie ever.

ANTS! ANTS! ANT-MAN!

Nothing like cutting fat and just getting right to the meat of story.

I'm shocked that the Disney/Marvel advertising team didn't score the trailers with "It's a small world after all". The trailers write themselves, get the setup part done in the first 90 seconds and then have "A small world after all" play while having the action montage in the last 60 seconds of the trailer. 100M OW.

• Like 2