kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

Emily Blunt is such an underrated actress and I hope this push with Mary Poppins finally gets people to see how amazing she is. She is so great in so many different genres. Drama, horror, comedy, action, and now a musical. Not many actresses in Hollywood can say that they're great in various genres like she can. 

A once in a generation talent. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5

Edge of Tomorrow is beginning to transcend the way I see it from "awesome fucking action movie" to "the movie that also introduced me to Emily Blunt"

Cause I mean Looper looked boring to me when I was 13, and what teenage boy watches Devil Wears Prada 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nova said:

Emily Blunt is such an underrated actress and I hope this push with Mary Poppins finally gets people to see how amazing she is. She is so great in so many different genres. Drama, horror, comedy, action, and now a musical. Not many actresses in Hollywood can say that they're great in various genres like she can. 

A once in a generation talent. 

That s precisely why she will never be a big star, not because of the talent I mean, but her versatility.

Edited by The Futurist

14 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Not to be funny but have you seen his past work. He only has one critically acclaimed film in his filmography

into the woods is well received too

and mary poppins is the first movie he saw, so probably he have a deeper connection with this project and maybe that's why the movie is getting excellent receptions on screenings

45 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That s precisely why she will never be a big star, not because of the talent I mean, but her versatility.

I do think genre actresses have a better chance of being big stars but I’m thinking a film like this or hopefully her film with The Rock next year helps her become the big movie star she deserves to be. Then again A Quiet Place and Girl on the Train were big at the box office. Unless you’re talking about a franchise star....

3 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Blunt is BY FAR my favorite actress working today. Just phenomenal. She’s basically the only reason I’ve even considered watching this movie. She was the only reason I watched Into the Woods and she was easily the best thing about that movie. 

Emily Blunt is the reason why I have an interest in this film as well. As I said above, she’s great in everything she’s in. Even if a movie isn’t that good (Girl on the Train for example) she still makes it a worth while watch 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's probably why the "popular" movie award was pulled earlier...once Disney saw the cut of this movie, they figured they had a movie to push for awards that will also bring viewers to their broadcast...win/win for them...

The popular movie award needs to never come back. Literally no one asked for it. 

• Like 1

When do we find out if the oscar buzz is real or just marketing? GG noms? 

It'd really suck for Black Panther, I've seen it in a lot of "experts" short lists (I know some will start with the "fanboys are delusional", but it's even more delusional to think that awards are about the "best" movies, when is just who does a better campaign) but since Disney is never an awards contender (outside some techs noms and animation/songs) I highly doubt they could successfully campaign 2 films. 

Still, the sky's the limit for this movie if it also becomes an awards contender. 

5 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

When do we find out if the oscar buzz is real or just marketing? GG noms? 

It'd really suck for Black Panther, I've seen it in a lot of "experts" short lists (I know some will start with the "fanboys are delusional", but it's even more delusional to think that awards are about the "best" movies, when is just who does a better campaign) but since Disney is never an awards contender (outside some techs noms and animation/songs) I highly doubt they could successfully campaign 2 films. 

Still, the sky's the limit for this movie if it also becomes an awards contender. 

well, disney send MPR for 17 categories on Oscar

i think this is enough, the oscar buzz is definitely real

Edited by ThomasNicole