Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The reception on Twitter is great, and while this movie isn't for me I think it might do well thanks to its aesthetics.

I don't know about that. The reception on twitter is specifically just comparing it to Joker. Going for Joker vibes with the marketing doesn't mean the movie will get the same demo as Joker (25+ men) tho and I doubt the movie will attract families either if it's being marketed like this. An odd marketing strategy here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't know about that. The reception on twitter is specifically just comparing it to Joker. Going for Joker vibes with the marketing doesn't mean the movie will get the same demo as Joker (25+ men) tho and I doubt the movie will attract families either if it's being marketed like this. An odd marketing strategy here.

Only speculating, feelings & all that, I'm good at forecasting animated movies and Marvel stuff but for anything else I wouldn't risk it...maybe you'll be right and it'll flop...who knows..

Edited by Fullbuster

1 hour ago, jatvision said:

I just searched to know what is 101 Dalmatians. Apparently it isnt a 50s animation, which I thought it may be. Watched its trailer and WTF is that movie. Looked up its reception, IMDb is low at 5 something.

Why will you make a film around that?

Speaking of Cruella. Made no sense to me. Skip.

Feels like splitting hairs when it was made in 1961 instead of the 50s

This actually looks good? I’m Kind of surprised myself.

Like I was so afraid that, like Maleficent, they would try to make seem good but, unlike Maleficent, there is no turning back for a person that later in her life tried to make a coat out of puppies.

So I am pleased that they basically made Disney’s version of Harley Quinn. Still I don’t think Harley would hurt a puppy but she would surely massacre Cruella if she ever crossed paths with her.

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

People are comparing it but in general still liking it too, from what i see.

It have almost 8M views already on Twitter so at least they grab people attention.

• Thanks 1

I think it's a very good trailer, and to me is the only way they could do it successfully.

They can't remake the animation because they already did it and didn't work in many levels. They also can't make a shady diva or something because Glenn Close already did it and people loved it, and finally they can't make a drama or a very humanized version of a psycho.

To me embrace her bad attitude and put her as a broken, crazy protagonist is the right thing to do. Of course some people will cry about and complain, but the movie can work, especially since they have I Tonya director and The Favourite writer on this.

This is going to D+ right?

They're very specific about the date so delaying it probably aren't being considered.

And also didn't say coming to theaters or anything like it. I can see this on D+ or getting a hybrid release so they can delay BW again.

I suspect Luca will go the same route.

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's getting much more appreciation than just joker vibes. People are loving Emma in this role. Also production is top notch and love the fashion. Can't believe I am excited.

Honestly this trailer really surprised me. I thought this was another Maleficent situation and I don't really remember/care for 101 Dalmatians but this movie is now on my radar.

Emma Stone looks great, I like the voice, I like how they're leaning into the villainous side of their villains, production design looks beautiful, the cinematography looks like it has some flair to it. I'm hopeful.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

The reception on Twitter is great, and while this movie isn't for me I think it might do well thanks to its aesthetics.

Reception on Twitter seems to have turned to mostly Joker/Harley Quinn comparisons. Took a few hours for people to catch on for some reason lol.