WONDER WOMAN

371.2 M after a 1.64 M Tuesday

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II

368.3 M after a 1.08 M Tuesday

yes fine marathon faceplant shes GIF

GOTG2 is such a flop!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, langer said:

2017 is a good year to be a CBM fan, regardless if you are rooting for DC, Marvel or Fox.   Hopefully Thor and JL will be on par with what we've had so far. 

I truly believe that both THOR3 and JL will surprise lots of folks. Not only will both be fresh, but both will make a killing.

I have THOR3 @300M+ (850M+ WW), while JL @500M+ (1B WW)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Holy crap that girl "knocked" herself out. But she passed the line so she should have got the silver medal.

Kiddings beside, I think she twisted her left ankle it seems like if you look closely.

So far DCU is winning hands down. Now they got their first critical hit with WW and its doing 400m. Blowing MCU's first phase out of the water. They won't match Avengers high numbers but neigher produce sub 200m flicks like Marvel did the bunch of times. Yet to see a full solo Batman film and both WW and SS sequels can hope to hit 400m.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Subzero said:

Kiddings beside, I think she twisted her left ankle it seems like if you look closely.

I  found the original clip. It's actually a high heels running match. What kind of stupid match is that....

BTW the girl was out for sure. She hit the ground hard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I  found the original clip. It's actually a high heels running match. What kind of stupid match is that....

BTW the girl was out for sure. She hit the ground hard.

:mouthdropped: Dang ! what were these Women thinking... :rofl:

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

This video is a must watch for CBM fans.

It highlights the differences between the MCU and the DCEU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QhdzQo66o

It also explains why, as I have said before, the MCU have never really given a big  movie moment like the upside down kiss from Spiderman 1.

The only thing I would say to that is that, when you say "the differences between the MCU and the DCEU", I'm more inclined to say "MCU and Wonder Woman", because MOS/BVS/Suicide Squad all fall in the same front of (at best) forced sincerity imo. Not the same way, but it's there nonetheless. Also, disagree w/no really big movie moments from the MCU (the circle shot in the 1st Avengers is one of the most memorable moments in comic book movie history, imo).

But apart from that, the video nails it. It reminds me why I loved the last 10/15 minutes of Guardians V2 so much - throughout the connection that we as an audience built w/all those characters, that whole ending of GOTG V2 felt honest and earned, and did a perfect job mixing comedy with emotion. I do wish that the people responsible for the MCU (aka Disney) would take a cue from the video's points. Jokes don't replace real attention to storytelling and character. There are some movies that they work (i.e. Guardians, Ant-Man), but those are meant to be comedy films, and they still have the heart to pull through as more than just joke festivals. There are a few out there that could've had a much bigger share of palpable tone and tension (i.e. Ultron, Doctor Strange, even Civil War).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 8:36 AM, Cochofles said:

Of all the legitimate problems that BvS had, I find it ridiculous that people would aim all their self-righteous ire and mockery at something as ridiculously easy to get as the two Marthas thing. 

Indiana Jones & Crystal Skull: The fridge scene

Never mind the fridge scene is an extension of Indy surviving moments he shouldn't from other films in the series.

It happens. People hook into one thing.

We could probably find other examples if we really thought about it.

The success of Wonder Woman is such a SLAP in Marvel's face. 

Marvel's output is sort of like those inescapable pop songs that are overplayed on Top 40 radio. Sure they're made with skill by people who clearly know what they're doing, but that can't disguise the stench of their safe, formulaic, factory-made assembly. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The success of Wonder Woman is such a SLAP in Marvel's face. 

Marvel is sort of like a pop song that's overplayed on Top 40 radio. Sure it's made with skill by people who know what they're doing, but that can't disguise the stench of its formulaic, factory-made assembly. 

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1