Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

but its still miles ahead of most of the crap Hollywood cranks out into cinemas every year now.

Would you say that it is much better than most of the crap Hollywood cranks out into TV every year now ?

For TV a lot of people tend to mix caring about what happen and narrative with being particularly good,

9 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

See, when you're right about something, attacking someone's person is the last thing you do. Save the "bigots" and the "racists" for where they really apply: SW fandom had no problem with Jyn or Donnie Yen in Rogue One for example, and their discontent with Rose and Holdo is legitimate, because they have 0 redeeming qualities as characters.*

Bigot tend to be more detectable with how they react with something they do not like than with stuff they have no problem with.

That said SW fanbase is rich on psycho and sociopath that can go on and mess a white male kid life, so who knows.

34 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Unknown.

One fan theory for the books is that she will accidentially (or intentionally) burn King's Landing to the ground with wildfire

Whether that happens or not, her fate lies in the hands of either Jaime, Tyrion, or Arya. The witch’s prophecy has been right so far.

Between the movies being converted to tv, sequels, spinoffs, and revivals before getting to shows made for the viewer to put on those rose tinted goggles, tv got infected much like movies have.

7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Unknown.

One fan theory for the books is that she will accidentially (or intentionally) burn King's Landing to the ground with wildfire

I prefer the Tyrion is the one to do it theory. That and that Bran takes control of the Mad King which is why he says 'burn them all' (he's actually referring to the white walkers who are on their way). 

2 hours ago, Rocinante said:

At this point almost everything is better than GoT

Oh please, even though the seventh season wasn't as good as the first ones, it's still one of the best TV shows you can find.

On another note, I hate how masses on social media react to pop culture these days, it's either the best thing ever or the worst shit the world has ever seen. Everyone is talking in absolutes mainly because of the Youtube "critics" or those abysmal clickbait websites. I go through comments on almost every article and it's just mind-blowing how many people call movies like TLJ or TV shows like GoT, Stranger Things, Westworld or The Handmaid's Tale pure shit and the worst thing ever just because of a slightly less perfect season or because it didn't fulfill their stupid, predictable and cliche wishes. People are turning into sheep only capable of illogical criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like to compare IW and TLJ.

I think the difference in reception goes down to the people who made the films.

The Russo Brothers are big fanboys and ensured each choice in the film would lead to people thinking the 10 year buildup was worth it. (based on how much focus they put on Thanos to ensure he really stood out from the past Villians)

The also know how crazy and devoted the fan base are and people would nitpick the film apart as our heroes made some questionable choices in trying to beat Thanos.

As a result Dr. Strange line "this was the only way" really defused all of that potential nitpicking and people just then enjoyed the film as a Triumph of Thanos which was seen  as inevitable.

In the TLJ, the director was more focused on changing SW to something newer and different and perhaps that would more a line to his own personal franchise he was planning to make in the future. Therefore, I think he made plot choices and thought people would just enjoy the experience but frankly the SW fanbase is crazy and insane and a lot them simply nitpicked the film to death. (looks at self) .

1 hour ago, Titan Man said:

Oh please, even though the seventh season wasn't as good as the first ones, it's still one of the best TV shows you can find.

On another note, I hate how masses on social media react to pop culture these days, it's either the best thing ever or the worst shit the world has ever seen. Everyone is talking in absolutes mainly because of the Youtube "critics" or those abysmal clickbait websites. I go through comments on almost every article and it's just mind-blowing how many people call movies like TLJ or TV shows like GoT, Stranger Things, Westworld or The Handmaid's Tale pure shit and the worst thing ever just because of a slightly less perfect season or because it didn't fulfill their stupid, predictable and cliche wishes. People are turning into sheep only capable of illogical criticism.

I was being hyperbolic, but GOT can't get the claim to be "on of the best TV shows" anymore when there are dozens of shows better than it now. GOT has had a good run, but it's obvious the moment it outpaced the books, the show fell flat on its face. 

31 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Including The Walking Dead?! :wintf:

TWD is dead to me 😎

Edited by Rocinante

45 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Including The Walking Dead?! :wintf:

The Walking Dead has just re-piqued my interest, which had been falling off, with their S9, ep5 reveal and how the midseason finished. 

So, you might know Rick Grimes is gone.......

Spoiler

.....but he's not dead(or at least wasn't last we saw him), he has been taken by the "helicopter people" with Ann(junkyard queen) and was unconscious and had been bleeding out badly from a side wound/piercing. Episode 5 took a 5 year jump. Midseason ends with a variety of things but the main one is a still imprisoned Neegan gets out of his cell. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

The Walking Dead has just re-piqued my interest, which had been falling off, with their S9, ep5 reveal and how the midseason finished. 

So, you might know Rick Grimes is gone.......

Hide contents

.....but he's not dead(or at least wasn't last we saw him), he has been taken by the "helicopter people" with Ann(junkyard queen) and was unconscious and had been bleeding out badly from a side wound/piercing. Episode 5 took a 5 year jump. Midseason ends with a variety of things but the main one is a still imprisoned Neegan gets out of his cell. 

I just feel like they fucked up really bad with the numerous choices they did since the dumpster cliffhanger, also the Lucille victim was much more beloved than his comic book counterpart, which drove people away from the show after that violent death. (I don’t know how to use the spoilers tag) 

42 minutes ago, Rocinante said:

I was being hyperbolic, but GOT can't get the claim to be "on of the best TV shows" anymore when there are dozens of shows better than it now.

Everyone has an opinion, especially about TV series since most cater to a smaller and smaller niche audience.

However, GoT can objectively claim to be the best TV show currently airing:

Game of Thrones has won numerous of awards since it debuted as a series, including 47 Primetime Emmy Awards,[110] 5 Screen Actors Guild Award, and a Peabody Award.[262] It holds the Emmy-award record for a scripted television series, ahead of Frasier (which received 37).

That includes best Drama, for the last three seasons.

Edited by MrGlass2