Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Are we sure? It definitely felt like it was trying to make some statement about the emptiness in our culture; between the blatant MCU commentary, the action figures, superheroes being idolized despite being a corporate product (even though this show is from Amazon, lol). Are you excited for any of those Disney+ shows? Maybe they could be good. They got novice show-runners though, so we'll see

"The Boys" wanted to make a comment about the things you mention, but sort of failed badly . And Watchmen was there before with Ozymandius basically marketing himself  with a line of merchandise. And was a lot cleverer about it then "The Boys",

If you are talking about the upcoming Marvel shows on Disney +,yes, they have novice show runners, but apparently Feige ,with the promotion announced this week as basically creative head for all of Marvel as well as still heading Marvel Studios, is going to be more hands on with the Marvel TV shows then he has been in the past.

16 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

there are no good (current) superhero tv shows.

edit: actually the boys is pretty good i guess i just mean marvel/dc

Not a superhero show, sorry.

Edited by The Futurist

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/pennyworth-season-2-epix-1203388255/

“’Pennyworth’ has been a big hit for us, embraced by critics and fans alike. It was the highest-performing original series ever to premiere on Epix, more than doubling the viewership of the shows that came before it,” said Epix president Michael Wright in a statement. “Bruno Heller, Danny Cannon and WBTV have delivered a brilliant, must watch series. We can’t wait to work with this phenomenal cast and creative team on another exciting season.”

:ohmygod: @TMP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

since i can't be bothered to find the spider-verse threads to post in

Sequel announcement on the way soon?

Finally we’ll get a good Spider-Man sequel

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Finally we’ll get a good Spider-Man sequel

I'm honestly not keeping my hopes high. Completely different team is directing and writing the movie this time. It's not even The Lego Movie 2 type thing where some people from the original were involved.

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm honestly not keeping my hopes high. Completely different team is directing and writing the movie this time. It's not even The Lego Movie 2 type thing where some people from the original were involved.

We don’t know if Lord and Miller won’t come back.

Besides Voltron is pretty damn good.

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

We don’t know if Lord and Miller won’t come back.

Besides Voltron is pretty damn good.

David Callaham is the definition of mediocrity and I don't think the guy who is set to direct this is good enough to elevate the writing. I'm just bummed that they couldn't get the original team back.

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

David Callaham is the definition of mediocrity and I don't think the guy who is set to direct this is good enough to elevate the writing. I'm just bummed that they couldn't get the original team back.

I mean Dos Santos has helped brought us Avatar, Korra, JLU, and Voltron. While he has no film experience, he’s pretty good at making all ages animation.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

There’s no way the visual effects could’ve been complete. 

Maybe WB gave him the money to finish his version as part of his exit deal. Or he put his own money into it just to have it on his personal archive and ready for possible future release. I'm hopeful one day we'll see it, especially because his movies are always ahead of time and tend to be more appreciated as years go by, so there will be always significant interest in it.

Most box office sites are predicting a sub 30 Million opening weekend for "Terminator:Dark Fate".

Between this and Alita, clear the James Cameron the director can pull in the big bucks, but Cameron as the producer only cannot.

41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe WB gave him the money to finish his version as part of his exit deal. Or he put his own money into it just to have it on his personal archive and ready for possible future release. I'm hopeful one day we'll see it, especially because his movies are always ahead of time and tend to be more appreciated as years go by, so there will be always significant interest in it.

Why would the studio give him money to finish a version of a film that they had no intention of releasing to the public?