Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Brand loyalty is dumb unless you are getting paid to spread your propaganda or you own stock in a company,  you look foolish.  I love the MCU for the most part but it was the MCU fans that started this most recent franchise war bullshit that has popped up all over the internet. First it started with other comic book companies/studios and now it's extended into Scorsese and Tarantino.. etc..   these people are embarrassing.  

And the funny part is that Bob Iger couldn't care less about any of them.  He's laughing at how brainless they all are. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Brand loyalty is dumb unless you are getting paid to spread your propaganda or you own stock in a company,  you look foolish.  I love the MCU for the most part but it was the MCU fans that started this most recent franchise war bullshit that has popped up all over the internet. First it started with other comic book companies/studios and now it's extended into Scorsese and Tarantino.. etc..   these people are embarrassing.  

And the funny part is that Bob Iger couldn't care less about any of them.  He's laughing at how brainless they all are. 

Saying MCU fans started this bullshit is all wrong. This all started when Dark Knight was bigger hit than Iron Man and DC fans started bragging. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It started with both. Both sides of fanboys are equally awful, needing to use their self important pissing contest and scream it as loud as possible, but you see one side more obnoxiously shouting during “good” times despite they’re two sides of the same coin (DC for the Nolan period, MCU for IW/Endgame/Scorsese stuff and likely DC again for the Joker Oscar run and likely MCU again when a film does good, and so and so forth). Both sides have ruined my joy and compassion for CBMs and are a cancer to their respective fandom.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

On this website, it didn’t start with MCU fans. In 2012, there were very few MCU fans here, and a lot of Nolan/DC fans. The Nolan/DC fans were very loud. The success of The Avengers changed the dynamic, and it has evolved into what it is today. When people say MCU fans started this whole thing, it shows that those people just weren’t around when it all really started . . . at least for this site. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

On this website, it didn’t start with MCU fans. In 2012, there were very few MCU fans here, and a lot of Nolan/DC fans. The Nolan/DC fans were very loud. The success of The Avengers changed the dynamic, and it has evolved into what it is today. When people say MCU fans started this whole thing, it shows that those people just weren’t around when it all really started . . . at least for this site. 

There were very less MCU fans in general. 

MCU exploded with Avengers and DC fans weren't able to tolerate the success. 

DC fans bullied MCU with BvS saying it will be highest grossing cbm. And rest is history.. 

13 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Saying MCU fans started this bullshit is all wrong. This all started when Dark Knight was bigger hit than Iron Man and DC fans started bragging. 

Hold on..  MCU wasn't a "thing" in 2008.  There was no such thing as an MCU fan base and a DC fan base.  The fan base you are describing is likely the Nolan fan base which is different than the DC fan base.  Yes, there is some overlap there but there are plenty of people who are Nolan heads who don't give a shit about any other comic movies. 

I'm not saying there aren't DC fans who have gotten out of pocket on many different levels and instances because DC fans are just as likely to embarrass themselves as MCU fans.  What I'm saying is where this most recent BS started and I don't buy that it started in 2008 because again there was no MCU fan base back then..   there were people who thought Iron Man was great and were happy to see a great Marvel movie sure but MCU was not a thing like it is in 2020.  MCU fandom as we know it really started when Disney acquired the franchise. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

MCU fandom as we know it really started when Disney acquired the franchise. 

LMFAO. This is such a twisted statement. Of course it is. Disney bought Marvel in 2009.

I’m pretty sure Disney had nothing to do with me being part of the fandom back then. It was mostly comic book fans making the transition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No one started the Marvel/DC fanboy war as I believe this shit has gone back way before some people here were born. Fanboys are just louder in certain timeframes and adapted to new molds such as film or TV or in some cases directors/universes (Nolan stans/Snyder stans/MCU stans/etc). Both sets of fanboys are equally awful and fanboys in general ruin everything for the fans. Cause fans don’t really give a shit about whose brand is bigger, or if someone dislikes movies they like or attack others.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

5 hours ago, Cap said:

LMFAO. This is such a twisted statement. Of course it is. Disney bought Marvel in 2009.

I’m pretty sure Disney had nothing to do with me being part of the fandom back then. It was mostly comic book fans making the transition.

Try following the conversation.  The person I replied to said your stan wars started in 2008 with The Dark Knight and Iron Man.  I said they didn't. 

Edited by Johnny Tran

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No one started the Marvel/DC fanboy war as I believe this shit has gone back way before some people here were born. Fanboys are just louder in certain timeframes and adapted to new molds such as film or TV or in some cases directors/universes (Nolan stans/Snyder stans/MCU stans/etc). Both sets of fanboys are equally awful and fanboys in general ruin everything for the fans. Cause fans don’t really give a shit about whose brand is bigger, or if someone dislikes movies they like or attack others.

It doesn't help when moderators engage in the franchise wars either. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The DC vs. Marvel rivalry didn’t start in 2008, if that’s what anyone is suggesting. 

Yeah, I'm sure the fanboy fights between *checks notes* Catwoman 2004 and Spider-Man 2 got pretty heated.

Try following the conversation.  The person I replied to said your stan wars started in 2008 with The Dark Knight and Iron Man.  I said they didn't. 

Not a boy, so #NotMyWars. 

As a moderator, I certainly watch what I say more than before I got promoted. That said, we are not just anonymous members who read the boards. Most of the moderators got nominated due to their healthy community engagement. 

Moreover, this thread is meant for people to let off some steam that normally would not go else where. So if was to come in here and say like “Chris Pratt is the Worst Chris, this isn’t even a discussion anymore. Evans won the Chris Wars” I am well within my right as both a member of this community and a moderator to do so. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Moderators are users too and have full rights to support a movie, post their dislikes and whatever they want to post as long as it is within forum rules. 

Like any users, mods are allowed to have their biases as long as it doesn't affect their moderation. Just because some users have their knickers in a twist crying foul over perceived biases doesn't mean that there is one.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Like any users, mods are allowed to have their biases as long as it doesn't affect their moderation.

I've seen a lot of concern trolling in comic book movie threads lately and it really shouldn't be in those in my opinion. And that's all it is.. is my opinion. The threads can be about likes and dislikes and box office and what went wrong or went right...   but the concern trolling is ruining the threads.