Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Its probably naive of me to think this but i think Disney will reverse their decision.Bautista,Joe carnahan and Selma Blair have already spoken out.I think with more explicit statements of support there may be a slight chance Gunn may be brought back.But i am probably not thinking about the bigger picture..Considering how fast they kicked him it really may be too late.

1 hour ago, jking123 said:

Its probably naive of me to think this but i think Disney will reverse their decision.Bautista,Joe carnahan and Selma Blair have already spoken out.I think with more explicit statements of support there may be a slight chance Gunn may be brought back.But i am probably not thinking about the bigger picture..Considering how fast they kicked him it really may be too late.

It seems like they responded a little too quickly firing Gunn, which makes me wonder if Disney wasn't just using this as an excuse to hire another director at lower cost. The same director doing the third film in a trilogy probably gets a decent sized pay bump whether negotiated when he first signed on or after the first or second gotg was released.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well props to Batista I guess for sticking by his friend even if it spites his employers, dude is loyal. But damn, GotG3 feels on the verge of the whole floor falling out right now. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jking123 said:

I don’t think they liked working with him, that’s probably the reason why they pulled the trigger on his ass so quick.

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It would probably take Pratt not wanting to be involved before Disney would consider bringing Gunn back. And I'm guessing he's contractually locked in anyways, so probably a moot point. 

Well he has finally reacted... kind of.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:04 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

James Gunn for a couple of years after he got GOTG mellowed out on twitter but yeah has been very outspoken in the past year or so. Honestly if I was a director I would only use Twitter just to promote the latest release or not have it all. Like the Russo Brothers

On 7/4/2018 at 12:09 AM, The Futurist said:

Most MCU directors and actors are loudly anti-Trump on Twitter, Gunn being the torh bearer of this group.

But then again, it you don't tweet against Trump in Hollywood, you are quickly excommunicated.

On 7/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, AndyK said:

I follow a few directors and critics on twitter.

As soon as they start spouting politics, I unfollow them.

Not that I am against politics, but I prefer getting my political concourse from a professional that actually knows what they are talking about.

Celebrities should do what they are good at, leaking movie spoilers.

So these posts were before the Gunn story exploded.

The point is, if you are a high profile member of outrage culture, you'd better make sure that you are whiter than white in your private life or you shouldn't complain when that culture comes back and bites you on the ass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

So these posts were before the Gunn story exploded.

The point is, if you are a high profile member of outrage culture, you'd better make sure that you are whiter than white in your private life or you shouldn't complain when that culture comes back and bites you on the ass.

It's true that Gunn got what he asked, since he himself was for ABC's caning of Roseanne.

What worries me in this culture though is that most of the time, the talented people are the most outspoken ones. Other recent examples of people attacked for speaking their mind (without being offensive) is Cavill and J.Cameron. If we drive the talented people out of the industry, we'll get stuck with the Rian Johnsons of the industry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's true that Gunn got what he asked, since he himself was for ABC's caning of Roseanne.

What worries me in this culture though is that most of the time, the talented people are the most outspoken ones. Other recent examples of people attacked for speaking their mind (without being offensive) is Cavill and J.Cameron. If we drive the talented people out of the industry, we'll get stuck with the Rian Johnsons of the industry.

Cameron is still right about wonderwoman.

Crazy how fast idiots are to shout misogynist at the man who brought us Aliens Ripley and Sarah Connor.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1