grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fixed.

Those trolls will be out in full force, purely because this film stars mainly women.

Seriously something really wrong with them.

Little bit of a little bit of b, the MRAs will be out in full force but I've learned not to underestimate the voice of the ppl who romanticize the shitty franchises of yesteryear

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I hate the way the actors and names are presented.

Bullock, Blanchett, and Hathaway match, then when it comes to Kaling, the whole thing falls apart.

Perhaps my biggest pet peeve nowadays is when people are not identified in the same sequence in which they appear in a photo or image. It makes me wonder how those people manage to eat and breathe. 

Otherwise, the poster is fine as it communicates the general concept of the film and focuses on its stars. I’ll be there on opening day barring horrific reviews.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Perhaps my biggest pet peeve nowadays is when people are not identified in the same sequence in which they appear in a photo or image. It makes me wonder how those people manage to eat and breathe. 

Otherwise, the poster is fine as it communicates the general concept of the film and focuses on its stars. I’ll be there on opening day barring horrific reviews.

Tell me about it, I mean how difficult can it be

the-dark-tower-600x889.jpg

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

Little bit of a little bit of b, the MRAs will be out in full force but I've learned not to underestimate the voice of the ppl who romanticize the shitty franchises of yesteryear

The Ocean's franchise is a TREASURE. How dare you call it shitty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I hate the way the actors and names are presented.

Bullock, Blanchett, and Hathaway match, then when it comes to Kaling, the whole thing falls apart.

Those complex name and picture non-matching feel like a strategy so we will look at the poster the longest, trying to match people name and face.

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Tell me about it, I mean how difficult can it be

the-dark-tower-600x889.jpg

Those ones don't bother me as much. Ocean's 8 starts out with promise, but then it pulls the rug on you. That's way more offensive than just two characters in the wrong spot, because those never give you a promise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

The Ocean's franchise is a TREASURE. How dare you call it shitty.

On 8/10/2016 at 5:35 PM, Chewy said:

I'm not seething with rage because women, it's just that the Ocean's 11 trilogy defined my childhood

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

As crazy as it sounds, credit placement on promotional materials is often part of a big actor's contract. But yes, marketing departments could at least have it make sense when they compose the alignments.

Anyway, as hard as it is to feel strongly about this franchise I wish the movie all the bet. Hopefully, unlike Ghostbusters '16, they actually bothered to write a script.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1