AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

20 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

I'm guessing Lawrence Kasdan trusted the audiences to realize that when  Vader said sister he meant "Leia" since y'know it was established earlier in the movie.

True

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The problem with this is once he gets into closer quarters with Luke he knows exactly who it is. That's because by this point (ESB) Lucas had already come up with the retcon. Vader is supposed to be an incredibly powerful force user and should have known damn well that one of his children was in his presence at the beginning of ANH. Other than the whole incest thing, it's probably the strongest evidence of a retcon. If those two elements weren't there, you would never guess that the story didn't already exist as it unfolded in ESB/ROTJ. Greatest retcon of all-time.

The special edition fixes this because there's a scene where the Emperor tells Vader that Luke is his son in ESB. I imagine that scene was originally in the script before it was cut. So according to the canon, it works.

13 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

11db2e8927f94540e06aceff20761504ae6f5ecb

So it's true?! She is her daughter? I FUCKIN KNEW IT!

I agree with some people though, I wanted the battles to be larger in scale. The trailers showing the x wings fighting near the lake, I thought that was the finale, and was hoping it was, but in a large scale. 

Still a great movie!

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

So it's true?! She is her daughter? I FUCKIN KNEW IT!

I agree with some people though, I wanted the battles to be larger in scale. The trailers showing the x wings fighting near the lake, I thought that was the finale, and was hoping it was, but in a large scale. 

Still a great movie!

People think it's true. Not the same thing as it being true.

• Like 1

Don't know if this had been mentioned but i thought kinda cool.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/star-wars/251506/star-wars-the-hidden-cameos-in-the-force-awakens

"The idea of the voices was, we wanted the audience to feel - but not necessarily be presented right in your face - this idea that familiar, Force-strong voices were connectingicon1.png with her,"

I like that McGregor recorded a little Obi-Wan for the flashback/dream sequence. And that they also used Alec Guinness.

The Rey lightsaber fight was my biggest issue with the movie (actually just how quickly she picked up Jedi type skills)- but they did a good job of talking and showing that she had pretty extensive hand to hand fighting type skills. Still felt too easy for her to beat Ren - even with him injured and also not a true master himself (which i sort of liked, they didn't try to make him Vader - they made it clear he was no where near that level). 

6 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Don't know if this had been mentioned but i thought kinda cool.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/star-wars/251506/star-wars-the-hidden-cameos-in-the-force-awakens

"The idea of the voices was, we wanted the audience to feel - but not necessarily be presented right in your face - this idea that familiar, Force-strong voices were connectingicon1.png with her,"

I like that McGregor recorded a little Obi-Wan for the flashback/dream sequence. And that they also used Alec Guinness.

Hmmmm....so maybe she is related to Obi-Wan instead of Luke?    The Luke voice would be there due to it being his lightsaber....but two Obi-Wan voices?

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Actually, with JJ talking about it, sounds more like they just wanted "familiar" voices to give you the sense the Force was connecting with her. So I don't think the voices alone are evidence of paternity.

Yoda is the baby daddy and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I felt there were signs he knew before the Emperor said anything about it.

Well he did make that famous scene I am your Father!  Think the Emperor telling him about his son was not in the original.