Impact

Best actress-2016 predictions

Can she beat Geraldine Page and Al Pacino's records for the most noms before finally winning? (They both won on the 8th nomination!)
Thelma Ritter holds the record for the most nominations without a win in supporting actress (6 noms)

amy adams

annette bening

isabelle huppert

natalie portman

emma stone

I want Amy Adams to win and feel like she's been long over due but unfortunately I think this is a two person race between Portman and Stone. 

I think Portman is going to come in and win it even though in my opinion her performance is the least deserving of an Oscar of the five women listed. 

Edited by Nova

I'm thinking with Jackie buzz being fairly low and La La Land being all the rage, Emma Stone takes best actress.

A complete 180 from what I thought at the beginning of the month where I thought Portman had it locked down. 

If Portman loses the Globe and Stone takes the SAG, then I'd say the race is done.

• Like 2

I know the Globe win doesn't substantially raise her chances with the entirely different people voting but holy shit if Huppert actually somehow won the Oscar that alone would make the entire ceremony worth it right there. I can see her winning at the BAFTAs too, they're cool enough to go there.

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I know the Globe win doesn't substantially raise her chances with the entirely different people voting but holy shit if Huppert actually somehow won the Oscar that alone would make the entire ceremony worth it right there. I can see her winning at the BAFTAs too, they're cool enough to go there.

She's not eligible for the bafta since Elle doesn't release til march here.

• Like 1

What makes Stone's performance so great is the restraint she shows throughout. The frustration she shows can range from facial expressions to outbursts. Audition especially showed her capability where she not only had to sing but also act nervous and nostalgic. She's definitely deserving of a win.

• Like 1