Bishop54

Weekend Thread: Grimsby Bros leads the way with massive 3.1M, 10CL has decent 25.2M, Zootopia crumbles to $50M ;) P.31

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Grismby is gonna do around 5M OW. RIP SBC's career.

Solid number for 10CL.

Nah....Sacha Baron Cohen will be fine. :) He was good in the Madagascar-films, Les Miserables, Talladega Nights & Borat. He even did fine in The Dictator.

He'll be in "Alice Through the Looking Glass". :lol:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sony's year so far:

The Fifth Wave: Profit of 25M or so

PPZ: Made 12.6M less than the budget, a loss of 40M is likely

Risen: Will end up with a small profit, probably 10M

Grimsby: Budget unknown

Sony's been absolutely miserable. Only 5 films have made over $100m since 2014, four of which being franchises.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

1.8M Thursday

13M Friday

13.3M Saturday

8M Sunday

36.1M Total

There are a lot of factors that could come into play here. I have a Sunday drop inbetween The Witch's (34%) and The Visit's (47%)

THAT TOTAL is MY EXACT DERBY PREDICTION FOR CLOVERFIELD!! :mellow:

Spoiler

Before i changed it to 34.65m :P

Edited by Ash Skywalker

6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Sasha Baron Cohen should not have dropped the Freddy Mercury biopic. His career needs a rejuvenation. 

He still gets cast in supporting roles in big projects on a constant basis so he'll be fine. His career as a comedy star is definitely dead, though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Sasha Baron Cohen should not have dropped the Freddy Mercury biopic. His career needs a rejuvenation. 

i've heard about how that project has changed over time and at this point, it realllly doesn't sound like the sort of thing that's gonna save a career.

• Like 2

JJ is a marketing genius. Nothing we didn't know already.

The interesting thing is how audiences will react to the bait and switch marketing considering the movie is good (according to critics anyway). Will they hate because it's not exactly a Cloverfield sequel or will they be pleasantly surprised? 

I hope it's the latter because I find the idea of vaguely connected franchise movies really interesting.

5 minutes ago, Joel M said:

JJ is a marketing genius. Nothing we didn't know already.

The interesting thing is how audiences will react to the bait and switch marketing considering the movie is good (according to critics anyway). Will they hate because it's not exactly a Cloverfield sequel or will they be pleasantly surprised? 

I hope it's the latter because I find the idea of vaguely connected franchise movies really interesting.

I think everyone is in on the fact that this really isn't a direct sequel to the 2008 movie at this point, so there shouldn't be that big of a problem.

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Go Cloverfield!

This is such an easy movie to root for: it's easy to root for John Goodman, for Mary Elizabeth Winstead (why is Hollywood sleeping on her while overrating mediocrity like JLaw?), for JJ and for the horror genre. 

LOL