CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Weekend or total? Weekend adjusts with inflation to $180m without 3D and probably around $200m with 3D. Total is already $448m without any adjustment. I give BvS movie very little chance to hit $400m, never mind getting close to $450m...and forget about the non-3D inflation total of $500m.

Just talking about OW obviously. Total was always too far to reach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it's not a great number. I am sorry. Considering Good Friday and earlier showtimes it should have been higher. For any other film this number would be great but for a movie like this that features Superman and Batman together for the first time, it should be destroying. 

Plus people have predictions/clubs too. It's hilarious some are being shamed if they call it a weak number. Lol.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, that was all they shot and it was cancelled after those episodes had aired due to dismal ratings.

Ironically, though, if the show got the same ratings today it would be a huge hit. Just shows how far network TV has fallen over the last ten years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Baumer doesn't say it did on his post.

He said

"That was a movie coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time."

Read what he said again for yourself.  Unless he edited it after he posted.  

I just thought it was rather unwarranted to rant at people who are thinking BvS will have a bad multiplier.  Logically, it makes sense whether you want to admit it or not.

Just now, The Panda Knight said:

He said

"That was a movie coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time."

Read what he said again for yourself.  Unless he edited it after he posted.  

I just thought it was rather unwarranted to rant at people who are thinking BvS will have a bad multiplier.  Logically, it makes sense whether you want to admit it or not.

With that he meant to say that Ultron was a sequel to Avengers, the biggest OW of all time when it opened ;) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

How high did you think the Preview Number would be?? Around 40M?? Hell, I'm surprised at what it got at 27M much less the 15-17M I predicted.. Fucking color me shocked.. :ohmyzod:

Cheezburger the rock

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

With that he meant to say that Ultron was a sequel to Avengers, the biggest OW of all time when it opened ;) 

That would make more sense but it didn't read that way to me.  Either way, the rest of my post still stands.

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Ironically, though, if the show got the same ratings today it would be a huge hit. Just shows how far network TV has fallen over the last ten years.

The show was also cancelled due to poor reviews and what was rumored to be bad blood among the cast behind the scenes (I remember reading that Vardalos didn't like that the great Andrea Martin was getting all of the funniest lines lol). Clearly they all made up I suppose.

17 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

To be fair

1.Age Of Ultron did not have the largest weekend of all time.

2.DC Movies in general have been more frontloaded, but it's also true there aren't as many examples.

3.BvS is coming off an inflated Easter Weekend.

4.While we can't tell WOM for sure, so far the indication is it'll be on par or worse than MoS' WoM.

5.MoS also came off an inflated weekend and had a 2.45ishx multiplier.  With mixed to poor reception, a very large profile sequel, a "team up" movie and it being a fan-centric movie the norm would be for it to have a lower multiplier than that.

You're a great predictor Baumer, but I don't think people assuming a bad multiplier is mob-mentality.  With the information we currently have available, it makes sense.

This movie is definitely going to be more front loaded than AoU. I think it may be the most front loaded movie ever to open to $160m+. it is not a crowd pleaser, there was a pretty big audience, and I was setting right above a group of about 10 pretty hardcore fanboys and they did not seem thrilled with it by the end, nor did the theater, I won't be surprised if this opens to $170m and closes at $375m... maybe even less.

Edited by Kalo

I thinks folks are disappointed due the negativity around the movie's expected legs thanks to the epic RT watch.

~165m OW would be great if you are expecting 2.6x. But if you are expecting 2.2x, it feels disappointing even though it's far from it.

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

I thinks folks are disappointed due the negativity around the movie's expected legs thanks to the epic RT watch.

~165m OW would be great if you are expecting 2.6x. But if you are expecting 2.2x, it feels disappointing even though it's far from it.

I think you summed it well rather wisely...