CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe. F7 was very frontloaded too, though, and fell 59%. Ehhhh..... maybe I'll adjust to 61-62%.

I think the lack of competition next week will help cushion for your 60% mark. But ultimately 1 or 2 percent either direction doesn't make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

One must wonder........

How much will the OD be for Captain America 3? Will it be higher than BvS....due to having more hype and BvS not being very well-recieved? Or a bit lower?

Maybe....Chris Evans, is slowly but surely becoming a reliable box office draw. :) Maybe.

Or: after so many ppl watched the dark and serious BvS, suddenly watching CW will look like a 12yo kids movie with a bunch of Superhumans 
fighting against each other on a huge parking lot

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe. F7 was very frontloaded too, though, and fell 59%. Ehhhh..... maybe I'll adjust to 61-62%.

Ok, I have a question. We have Good Friday and on Sat/Sunday business will be slower because of the Easter. If so, next week, the drops from Friday will be bigger, but Sat and Sun should have better than usual drops right? And seeing how you mentioned F7 was very frontloaded, why would you expect an ever bigger drop? Plus, this doesn't have summer weekdays so it's weekends should be stronger. Is a 55% drop really that out of the question, especially considering the complete lack of competion?

Edited by James

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

One must wonder........

How much will the OD be for Captain America 3? Will it be higher than BvS....due to having more hype and BvS not being very well-recieved? Or a bit lower?

Maybe....Chris Evans, is slowly but surely becoming a reliable box office draw. :) Maybe.

Lol his biggest grossing movie outside Marvel and Fantastic 4 couldn't even hit $50M.

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

Or: after so many ppl watched the dark and serious BvS, suddenly watching CW will look like a 12yo kids movie with a bunch of Superhumans 

Lol I suggest you stop or your going to get the mods angry and star a real civil war 

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I am good with 82m. Considering that it will be weeks before I can see the film (if not on blu) I will have to enjoy the big numbers it will put up. That being said, anyone expecting it to stay flat or slightly increase from the True Friday number or crazy and ignoring how this time of year works. 48-51m sounds about right for today. 

I am actually a tad disappointed with Zootopia. It's the first day of its run that it actually came under my prediction as I was expecting it to be closer to 10m and uo 150%. BvS must have taken more kiddos than I figured it would. 

Awesome hold for Deadpool. 

Oh one last note. This Saturday plays the same way EVERY damn year so if yall start griping about the film's all falling on Saturday instead of increasing it's your own fault for not following the trends. There is a reason that Friday makes up a higher percentage of the grosses for this weekend and that's not being a hater. 

I don't know about your area, but in this area, most parents seem to scramble a lot on fridays.  Our local grocery stores have been packed with all the people buying last minute supplies for Easter.  I expect Zootopia may do better today, since a lot of parents also seem to like getting the kids out of the house while they do prep work for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Ohana said:

Or maybe it will look like something entertaining and not depressing, Bright colors, humor, and heroes that are true to their origins. Fights that don't last an hour. A movie in which you can see a wall and not be certain of whether it will be damaged or not. 

• Like 1