CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

9 minutes ago, James said:

But it has no issues.

Yeah....so I've read and heard otherwise. From people who I trust.

I'm not going to spoil the movie but I definitely don't like how it plays out on paper or how they have said it does on screen.

If you do, that's cool! Plenty of people have. I'm just not one of them.

I need more then seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen. I need the hows, whats, and whys to add up to make it more then just CGI spectacle. And they don't the way they are now (at least for me).

Different opinion I know. Like I know you weren't as fond with TFA as a lot of other people and I loved that movie. It's probably the same thing for DC fans seeing these characters again that they are willing to overlook the flaws or don't notice them because of the experience. And yeah before you say it, I know the TFA definitely has flaws.

Edited by somebody85

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So yea this happened to me today. 

Was checking BvS as it was starting, making sure lights were down, screen was properly projecting etc. Then the Civil War trailer came up and this one guy stood up livid. 

He he storms to the back of the theatre and asks me why we're doing this. I took him out of the auditorium to not disturb anyone and asked what was wrong. He complained that even when we play DC movies, we have to "ruin" it with "marvel crap" and it "isn't fair." He asked to speak to my manager.

Five minutes later he goes back into the movie not too mad anymore. I ask my manager what happened and he said "well it got better after he called me a "hater of DC comics".

:rotfl:

That theater manager should get drunk with Tele tonight and share stories.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ocho said:

Ok....leaving Zootopia. 

Talked to manager about BvS and he said it was only 3% behind AOU after Friday close.

As of 6pm est it's now 24% behind.

Zootopia was about 30% full. Not bad!!

That is a pretty poor if nationwide is anything close

4 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Watched it three times already. Tickets are seven bucks at the small theater in my town so I'll be heading there for my next two before probably calling it.

Lucky you. Until now I attended 2 screenings in the evening = 30 EUR (about 33,50 $). That has to do until the BR surfaces.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I never said critics were paid. And I'm not a Marvel hater, I'm even excited for Civil War. 

lol man do you really want to pull that post up? I was stunned you said it and then went even further to discredit Mcweeny even further by saying he started it all.

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So yea this happened to me today. 

Was checking BvS as it was starting, making sure lights were down, screen was properly projecting etc. Then the Civil War trailer came up and this one guy stood up livid. 

He he storms to the back of the theatre and asks me why we're doing this. I took him out of the auditorium to not disturb anyone and asked what was wrong. He complained that even when we play DC movies, we have to "ruin" it with "marvel crap" and it "isn't fair." He asked to speak to my manager.

Five minutes later he goes back into the movie not too mad anymore. I ask my manager what happened and he said "well it got better after he called me a "hater of DC comics".

:rotfl:

OMG. Hahahahaha

• Like 2

Solid March! BVS is off to a solid start, Zootopia still holding strong, and decent for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 considering its 14 year dormancy although it won't reach the level of the first film it will still be a decent hit for Universal.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

lol man do you really want to pull that post up? I was stunned you said it and then went even further to discredit Mcweeny even further by saying he started it all.

You clearly didn't understand what I said. But let's not start this discussion over again, it's not worth it.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

HOW MUCH DID MARVEL PAY FOR THIS ASSHOLE?

Coolio you bastard. I forgot who this kid was for a minute and listened to like 30 seconds of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

You clearly didn't understand what I said. But let's not start this discussion over again, it's not worth it.

No I definitely did. A lot of other members saw it too.

But I'm not going to bring it back up man, I'll let it be. Glad you're on the other side now regarding that topic. That's all that matters.