jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

5 minutes ago, SWXII said:

That would speak more to poor taste than quality of BvS if it is not #1.

9 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Is 3 weeks at #1 considered bad with such strong competition?

Your posts are hilarious. Never stop please.

Edited by JennaJ

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Is 3 weeks at #1 considered bad with such strong competition?

As newbie even i know the only competition for bvs is zootopia that open 3 weeks earlier

Except are u counting god not dead 2 and meet the black as 'strong' competition

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

What can they announce that would bring positive buzz? They've hired filmmakers for most of their movies, cast the major parts.

Do you think announcing that Kerry Washington would play Cyborg's love interest or something matters in a big picture sense?

If the love interest she's playing is Raven, then yes, yes it does. As people are saying, after seeing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman together, adding in Aquaman, the Flash, and Cyborg isn't going to excite anyone, but adding in the Teen Titans probably would. Not all of them (save that for the Titans movie), but making the Flash be Wally West is trivial, and it shouldn't be to hard to bring Raven and Starfire aboard:

Spoiler

If the Justice League is fighting Darkseid, Raven was sent to Apokolips by her father to make her evil and Starfire was sold to them as a slave. If it's Brainiac, they're both his specimens. If it's the Atlantean-Amazon War, Raven's mother was taken to Paradise Island rather than Azarath and Starfire is escaping to Earth -- she could crash into an Atlantean city and have them think it's an Amazon attack. They could even make Trigon the instigator of the war, trying to get at Raven.

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And JW had better WOM & reception from critics & audience. :)

Just wondering, why several people here expect a huge superhero-movie to win the year, box office wise? When clearly, the latest superhero-films from Marvel & DC haven't won either DOM or WW.....post-Avengers 1. We always get surprises like American Sniper winning 2014, DOM-wise & Jurassic World winning the summer 2015.....etc. It's mostly never a superhero-movie like people thought....but gets overpredicted to win the year.

IO and JW were so much fun to follow last summer.

JW won the first 2 weekends they were paired, with IO slipping past the third weekend, JW back in front the fourth weekend and then IO the rest of the run.

On the weekly numbers IO passed JW the second week and stayed in front the rest of the way, but both the weekend and weekly numbers were always so close.

Here are their weekend and weekly performances through the summer

Jun 19- 21 JW 106.6 IO 90.4

Jun 26-28 JW 54.5 IO 52.3

Jul 3-5 IO 29.8 JW 29.2

Jul 10-12 JW 18.2 IO 17.7

Jul 17-19 IO 11.54 JW 11.45

Jul 24-26 IO 7.4 JW 7.2

Jul 31-Aug 2 IO 4.5 JW 3.9

Aug 7-9 IO 2.7 JW 1.9

Aug 14-16 IO 2.0 JW 1.2

Jun 19-25 JW 149.6 IO 132.8

Jun 26-Jul 2 IO 83.3 JW 81.5

Jul 3-9 IO 50.4 JW 45.2

Jul 10-16 IO 28.1 JW 27.2

Jul 17-23 IO 18.2 JW 17.1

Jul 24-30 IO 12.1 JW 10.8

Jul 31 - Aug 6 IO 7.6 JW 6.0

Aug 7-13 IO 4.6 JW 3.0

Aug 14-20 IO 3.4 JW 1.9

Aug 21-27 IO 2.4 JW 1.3

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SWXII said:

We haven't seen the directors cut yet.

Hmm? Not sure what you mean.

My comment was a response to the trailer showing way too much, including the scene where Wonder Woman saves Batman from being vaporized by Doomsday, that was pretty much all in the trailer. 

Unless you think we'll get some extended scene where Wonder Woman gives Batman a Beyoncé booty call after she saves him, I don't know what more the director's cut could've added. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babz06 said:

Suicide Squad is being over-predicted. GOTG was a much more family friendly film, plus Suicide Squad isn't going to be R-rated like Deadpool, so what is the 'hook' besides The Joker and Harley Quinn? 

I think it has a chance to take the August OW record but have worse legs than GOTG

I think people are underestimating how much the title will turn off families. 

4 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Please.

He won the Oscar for Argo,he was good in Gone Girl,and even for the haters he is good in BvS.

It's unfortunate though cause the guy's track record had been spotless as of late, as far as what projects he was attaching himself to. 

Some people... Course I'm not sure we've hit Kal cira 2005-2006 levels yet... that was just plain insufferable.

Yay for 800m Zootopia. This film has continued to surpass every expectation I have had. And yes @cannastop I wasn't expecting over 1m today, but then again I wasn't expecting such a strong hold this weekend when I made that prediction last Monday. I am looking forward to aprx a 16m weekend this coming weekend and then a decentish hold when JB opens as it crosses 300m.... Can't wait only the 3rd Disney Animated flick to pass 300m (unadjusted of course.)

• Like 3