grim22

Birth of a Nation | Fox Searchlight | Sundance Grand Jury Prize. ONLY DISCUSS THE MOVIE AND BOX OFFICE IN THIS THREAD.

Parker did not directly speak about the victim when he addressed the issue last week. “Seventeen years ago, I experienced a very painful moment in my life,” Parker told Variety. “It resulted in it being litigated. I was cleared of it. That’s that. Seventeen years later, I’m a filmmaker. I have a family. I have five beautiful daughters. I have a lovely wife. I get it. The reality is I can’t relive 17 years ago. All I can do is be the best man I can be now.”

Holy shit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

So... he did that interview knowing she was dead?

To give him the benefit of doubt (which  I really shouldn't) it's possible he didn't know, He probably cut off all contact with her. The media probably tried an get in contact with her and then realized she was dead. 

Just now, Hatebox said:

So... he did that interview knowing she was dead?

Fox wanted him to "get out in front of the issue" so that it'd be "over" when Oscah season rolls around

15 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Mr. Fantastic? Pasty middle-aged white guy with stretchy powers. Star of four terrible movies already?

I meant Michael Holt. 

250px-Jsa76.jpg 

Mr. Terrific.

Look, if Parker actually committed a rape, then of course I'd have nothing to do with him and he deserves to serve prison time for it. But just because the case is resurfacing now doesn't suddenly mean he's retroactively guilty of anything.  

Just now, comicbookguy said:

Look, if Parker actually committed a rape, then of course I'd have nothing to do with him and he deserves to serve prison time for it. But just because the case is resurfacing now doesn't suddenly mean he's retroactively guilty of anything.  

Go fuck yourself.

• Like 16

I do eventually want to see it, because it looks good and the history behind it is incredible. Just because Roman Polanski is a piece of shit rapist doesn't mean I don't love Chinatown or Rosemary's Baby. But I understand those who wouldn't want to support it. Who knows if it will even be released, this is such a massive shitstorm Fox should just take the loss.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Fox wanted him to "get out in front of the issue" so that it'd be "over" when Oscah season rolls around

They honestly would've been better served had they let a rival studio dig all this up as a smear tactic later on. This is dead and buried now.

4 minutes ago, comicbookguy said:

I meant Michael Holt. 

250px-Jsa76.jpg 

Mr. Terrific.

You ought to just put the computer away and never use it again.