CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Kim Possible film would be EPIC. One of the few original Disney Channel shows that was actually good (usually the good ones are always the ones that adapted a movie, like Emperor's New School, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, etc.), and very popular too. W/the right marketing and the right talent, it would kick serious ass, especially in the current golden age of superhero movies where teen girls kinda want a role model of their own too.

• Like 5

Sorry, I forgot about Secret Life of Pets is Universal as well.  If the reviews are pretty good on that, it is going to be huge.  Neighbors 2 and Jason Bourne will be bigger than Huntsman.  

Warcraft is likely to make more money.  Shit, even Popstar (which is legitimately hilarious) wouldn't shock me if it beat Huntsman.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Warcraft I think will be Universal's biggest film overseas this year by far. Especially in China, where it's very popular.

But will crash and burn after OW due to horrible WOM

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Warcraft I think will be Universal's biggest film overseas this year by far. Especially in China, where it's very popular.

Bourne is pretty big overseas as well.  I think it gets $500m+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Shit, even Popstar (which is legitimately hilarious) wouldn't shock me if it beat Huntsman.  

this is very nice to hear. i'm looking forward to it more than any other comedy this year (looking through the schedule that's not saying much tbh).

• Like 2

I want to make this the unofficial podcast of the site! check out the thread in the Speakeasy http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21497-cinema-sesh-podcast/

We breakdown the Star Wars Rouge One teaser, discuss Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, Suicide Squad reshoots and more movie news. We've got box office predictions, talk upcoming movies, our recommendations for movies that we've watched. And the whip cream on the top of this Sesh is our review of Hardcore Henry. Press play and settle in for Cinema Sesh

http://cinemasesh.libsyn.com/008-cinema-sesh

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Sorry, I forgot about Secret Life of Pets is Universal as well.  If the reviews are pretty good on that, it is going to be huge.  Neighbors 2 and Jason Bourne will be bigger than Huntsman.  

Warcraft is likely to make more money.  Shit, even Popstar (which is legitimately hilarious) wouldn't shock me if it beat Huntsman.  

You've seen Popstar? That's good to hear, the trailer did nothing for me.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I want to make this the unofficial podcast of the site! check out the thread in the Speakeasy http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21497-cinema-sesh-podcast/

We breakdown the Star Wars Rouge One teaser, discuss Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, Suicide Squad reshoots and more movie news. We've got box office predictions, talk upcoming movies, our recommendations for movies that we've watched. And the whip cream on the top of this Sesh is our review of Hardcore Henry. Press play and settle in for Cinema Sesh

http://cinemasesh.libsyn.com/008-cinema-sesh

Pish-posh. You can't be an unofficial podcast without a staff member. :P JK, I'll be sure to check it out when I have time.

Also I lost the derby this week.

• Like 2